Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Laughing with Dragonflies

      Yesterday I saw a post on one of the blogs I follow (Her Peaceful Garden) and Janis had shared about a new challenge blog she'd discovered, Paper Dragonfly, where entries must feature Dragonflies (and follow a theme.)  Janis shared that she wasn't crazy about crawly bugs of any kind, nor did she much like dragonflies, but she did have a dragonfly die she wanted to use so she made a card and shared about the challenge.  Thanks, Janis, for the information and the inspiration!

     I dug out three different dragonfly dies from my stash (Impression Obsession, Cutz, and Memory Box), and got to work cutting scrap bits of dp and CS, plus some glitter CS.  (I chose icy blue and white papers for the Winter Dragonflies theme at the Paper Dragonfly challenge.)  I have a little basket of paper scraps sitting on my desk with left over pieces from all the cards I've created in the last six months.  I've been digging through it, using up whatever I can, and everything on this card came out of that basket.

     Even the sentiment had previously been stamped onto a scrap but not used, so it ended up in the basket.  Talk about serendipity!  :-D


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card and I love the colors on your design! The shimmer layered cardstock is very pretty behind the dragonflies!

Janis said...

It's beautiful, Connie! Love the wintry colors and the sparkly dragonflies. Thanks for helping support this brand-new challenge by playing along and spreading the word!
Have a lovely rest of the week.
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Cat - Paper Dragonfly, Crazy for Cats, Most Magical Time of the Year said...

Oh I love your color palette with all the pretty dragonflies, you got the “winter” feel nicely! Thanks so much for the warm welcome and playing at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges!
Have a wonderful crafty day!
Cat

Marina Atsali said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us over on the Digi Choose Day Challenge!!!Marina A. (DT)

Karenladd said...

Don't you just love using up scraps and leftovers from other projects? I have more than a basket of scraps to use up (think of a huge cardboard box filled with large zip locked baggies)but always grab those first. Your card is so pretty with the sparkly, layered dragonflies and that icy blue on white combo is perfect for the winter challenge theme.