Friday, January 28, 2022

Sweetheart Bella Twins

      Today, I'm sharing another of my DT cards for Conie Fong, on which I've used two images from the Sweetheart Bella set.  There are 3 different image options in the set; one has Bella holding a heart that says 'love,' another with a blank heart, and the third with a heart that says 'hugs.'  I know you're going to think I used the Hugs and Love heart images, but actually, I used Love and the blank heart.

     I knew before I printed the images that I wanted to reverse one of them so that I could position them a bit apart but they would seemingly be facing different directions.  I wanted them to look more like twins than duplicates.  However, if I reversed either the Love or the Hugs image, then the word would print out backwards!   So, I reversed the blank heart image, then wrote in the word "hugs" myself.  I think I did a pretty good job of matching the handwriting on the word "love."  :-D

     I used ProMarkers to color the images, then cut them both with a single die from Cuts.  I mounted the image piece onto mirrored, red CS and trimmed the ends to fit.  That was mounted onto a pink card base and I sewed one of my tiny butterfly bows which I placed just above the image.  The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.  I left it rather CAS, with lots of open space.


     Challenges:
Butterfly  (Tickle me pink, Tan)

     If you haven't joined the Conie Fong FB page yet, you really should do it now.  There are 2 challenges there every month.  All you have to do is use a Conie Fong image and you can enter either the "Coloring Only" challenge or the one for finished projects, like cards or paper crafts.  You can win fabulously cute images.  Come play!  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love those cute little stamped teddies hugging their hearts, coloured so lovely. Thank you for joining our Paperbabe Stamps Challenge.
Best wishes Tracey (DT)

*Vicki* said...

This turned out fantastic NC! Brilliant job with the computer reverse technique and you did match up the lettering quite well on the heart! Love the similar, but slightly different colors on the bears...they're so CUTE!!

Mrs A. said...

Two very cutee bears and you have matched the wording perfectly. Looks exactly the same. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! Beautiful "twins" and clever to copy the writing too, it looks the same. A cute and beautiful card Connie. A Super background shape for them also.
Faith x

Sheryl said...

Two absolute beauties. A really pretty crad NanaConnie.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge this week at CRAFT Challenge, looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx CRAFT DT

Janis Lewis said...

So cute! Thank you so much for sharing at Let’s Craft & Create.
Janis
Blog, Pause Dream Enjoy
Owner & Design Team, Crafting Happiness Challenges, Anything Goes
Design Team, Let’s Craft & Create
Design Team, Christmas Crafts All Year Round