Friday, October 15, 2021

Not Very Spooky

      It's the middle of the month so time for the start of another Challenge over at QKR Stampede.  We have two challenges every month; one on the 1st and one on the 15th .  Be sure to check the challenge blog to see if you were a winner or one of the Top 3 for the last challenge.

     It's October so of course I had to do a Halloween card.  QKR has some of the cutest Halloween/autumn images I've seen anywhere and I love coloring them.  This image is called, appropriately enough, "Halloween Kitty."  I love the expression on his face.  Can't you just see that he's waiting for 'The Great Pumpkin' (of Peanuts fame)?  I'm sure he and Linus are sitting together in the pumpkin patch, hoping their patch gets chosen as the best in the world.  :-D

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then fussy cut it with scissors.  I cut two fancy rectangles with a Spellbinders die, offset them on a pumpkin-orange card base, then layered the image onto them.  I added two scraps of  ribbon, layered one on top of the other.   I made one of my signature, hand-sewn bows, using white ribbon but then 'dying' it with ProMarkers to get the color I wanted.  The sentiment was printed and fussy cut.


     Challenges:

     Come play along with us in this challenge.  Our theme is always "Anything Goes" and you can use any kind of image you like, from any company or artist.  But, if you choose to use a QKR Stampede image (or one from our sister company Eureka Stamps), your entry will be put into a completely separate draw and that significantly increases your chance of being a winner!  Good luck and see you in the challenge.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Cute card love the image. Alison x

Gina's Cards said...

This is absolutley beautiful! Love the images and wonderful layout. Thank you for playing along with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Elaine Stark said...

Certainly not too spooky, just fun. Thanks for joining Passion for Markers. Elaine

Sylvia kaarten en zo. said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge. Greetings Sylvia Hoekman-DT.

Linda Mc Enery said...

I just love the expression on kitty's face! Fun design with your two fancy rectangles and a beautiful ribbon. Your bow is wonderful! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
Linda

Heather said...

Very cute! Love the shape of the dies you used to highlight the cute image. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Sueb said...

Hi,
Love your pumpkin card.
Thank you for sharing your card crafting skills with us at CRAFT challenge-theme being Halloween/Autumn thanksgiving. Https://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.com
I look forward to seeing many more of your challenges.
With kind regards
Sue CRAFT DT
Blogspot handmadecardsbysb:wordpress.com

crafty said...

A lovely design. I like the staggered rectangles. Thank you for joining in our fall/Halloween Aud Sentiments challenge.
Mary

Billie A said...

Oh so cute. Great image and colors. thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments, Crafty Gals Corner.

Judy Woodland said...

I just had to smile when I saw this cute image. What a hoot!!!! That kitty is so stinkin' funny, and I love how you have colored him. Another great take on the challenge, so happy to see you over here once again. Thanks for always playing along!!

ike said...

Hahaha - I LUV the kooky cat. I wonder if the Great Pumpkin arrived ? Super colouring on the image.
Thank you for coming to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

createwithchristopher.blogspot.com said...

So stinkin cute, I love the image and your coloring!!! Thanks for joining our challange.
-Crafty Gals Corner Chris