Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Basket Kitty - Day 2 Cat Lovers Hop

      

     I was so honored this year when Janis reached out and asked me if I would Guest Design a couple of days on the 2021 Cat Lovers Hop.  I jumped at the chance!  I was lucky enough to get to use two adorable cat images from Ike's Art and this is the first of them, called "Basket Cat."  For more information but the hop and about the fun images from Ike's used in the hop, check out the main Cat Lovers post here.

     This is day 2 of the hop and it runs through this coming Saturday.  You can enter each day and there are tons of prizes from many sponsors plus daily games to play.  You'll meet lots of other cat lovers, all of whom are fun loving and more-or-less obsessed with all things feline.

     On my card for today, I kept it pretty simple and had fun adding a bit of humor.  However, any cat 'parent' (defined as someone who is owned by a cat(s) and required to feed, clothe, house, entertain and pay the doctor bills for the cats) will know that although humorous, the sentiment also reflects compete truth!  lol

    I colored with ProMarkers, and cut the image with a stitched die from Die-namics.  I used the same die to cut the DCWV dp and inlaid the image into it.  The sentiment was printed and cut with another Die-namics die.  I dyed one of my hand-sewn, signature bows using a ProMarker and added a scrap of punched CS to the center of it.


     Challenges:

     My second GDT card for the Cat Lovers Hop will be posted on Thursday so be sure to check back.
Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

29 comments:

ike said...

Oh, that's really wonderful and I love the funny sentiment.
Thank you for using one of my images and it's great to see you on the Cat Hop again.
Thank you too for playing at SUYP cats Challenges and IWC xx
Hugz
IKE =^..^=

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Lori m said...

Love the image and card, Congrats on being a Guest Designer, hugs, Lori m

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So funny - and probably true ;D
Great card Connie.
Faith x

Carole J said...

Gorgeous, Nana Connie! Beautiful colouring, lovely matching papers and a super fun sentiment. Lovely work! xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous card love the image and papers you have used. Alison

Karenladd said...

Such a beautiful image and amusing sentiment (and so like a cat, right?

Becca Yahrling said...

Love the punny sentiment and such a cute image. Darling bow, too, and a great design.

Catnip and Kitty Whiskers said...

So adorable! Love your card! Your coloring is purrfect! I like how you made the shadow and colored the kitty! And your sentiment is hillarious; sounds just like what a cat would say!

Bunny said...

So that's where all the bread baskets go. This is really cute. [Bunny]

Anonymous said...

Marisela Delgado said: If only we could sleep and contort like them. haha ☺☺☺ mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

mandysea said...

Loved this when I saw this on Janis' blog! Isnt that typical of a cat claiming a sleeping place and owning it LOL! Love this image, and lovely colouring. Hop hop hop... loving visiting from Cat Lovers Hop!

Dewi Lestari said...

Awesome as always! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Twórcze pasje Danki said...

Fantastic card, I love your cat. Hello from Cat Lovers blog hop!

Angela said...

Lol, that is a fun card.

Fikreta said...

adorable card!

valscraftings said...

Oh so cute, lovely card!

*Vicki* said...

I love that fun little sentiment that goes with your kitty here NC!! Such a cute image and fun card! Love seeing those kitty lover cards you guys come up with! So fun!

Ellibelle said...

Another cute cat card and love the sentiment with the image. Just the way cats must think! Sooo cute!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Suzanne H said...

So cute! And so true! Perfect sentiment too!

Leslie said...

Waving Hi from the Cat Lovers Hop! Janis is so lucky to have you guesting for her! I absolutely LOVE this card! Such a sweet image and your coloring is fabulous!

Billie A said...

So cute. Fun image and loving the sentiments. So glad you shared over at Crafty Sentiments.

Crafting With Jack said...

Perfect sentiment for your lovely kitty.

Christi Conley said...

LOL LOL!!! I found one of my cats in a wicker waste pail yesterday (luckily all we throw in it is paper) so yes, it WAS yours, now it is MINE!! <3 Purrs from the Cat Lovers Blog Hop :) Christi

Tee said...

Just like a cat. Gorgeous card with beautiful coloring and design!

Michele K. Henderson said...

This kitty is so sweet! Fun sentiment too!

Mimi said...

LOL can almost hear our cats saying something similar ROFL Thank you so much for joining us at IKEsWORLD this month. Hugs Mimi xxxx

Vivian Foo said...

Great colouring. Thank you so much for leaving your comments on my Cats pages.

Leigh S-B - The Sharpie Domino Queen said...

Adorable make with Ike's wondeful basket kitty!
Thank you for hopping to LeighSBDesigns Inspiration Blog for the Cat Lovers Hop, your comments are most appreciated!
Leigh
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
https://www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
https://www.LeighSBDesigns.com

My Side of Oz said...

Basket Cat is looking so comfy! I love your card😻