Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Christmas at the Zoo

     Last day of the alphabet themes at the Month of Holiday Cards at Beccy's Place.  That means today has to use the letter "Z" and what's a better Z than at the Zoo?  I thought Milton, the Giraffe, was a perfect Zoo animal and here he is, dressed in all his Christmas finery!


I started with the sketch from Viva la Verve


I ended up not using the vertical strip because 
I didn't want to introduce an additional patterned dp
and only had that much of the one I used for the
horizontal strip.  It was a scrap from a Bo Bunny pad.

     He's pre-colored but the sky and ground are colored with ProMarkers.  It's amazing how much depth is added to an image when you color in a background.  I die cut him with a tall, skinny, rectangle die (QuicKutz) and added a dark green mat, also die cut.

     I used the smallest dies from that set to cut the sentiment and the mat for it.  The lightly striped background paper was in my stash.  I chose sparkly, metallic ribbon, wrapped it around the card front and tied a quadruple loop bow with the help of my bow maker.

     Challenges:
Beccy's Place
Crafting by Designs
Crafty Creations
House that Stamps Built
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles
Star Stampz
TTCRD
Winter Wonderland

     I've had so much fun playing at Beccy's Place every day this month and when all is finished, I'll have an additional 30 Christmas cards in my stash.  That's an exceptionally good thing since this year I need 75 for the senior center where I donate cards each December.  Most of the seniors who attend the daily activities there don't have the opportunity or perhaps the resources to get out and shop for Christmas cards for family and friends.  I've been donating handmade cards there for the past 3 Christmas seasons and now it's to the point where some of the longer term seniors even ask me if I can do a certain style or design.  I love it!  Makes me feel so good to be able to do something for them that makes them feel special.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous image and great layout-very thoughtful idea for the Christmas cards
Carol x

Suzanne H said...

That is so wonderful that you donate cards to a Senior Center. I love Milton the giraffe too.

Loose Stitches said...

Beautiful card Connie, love the image and design! Thank you for sharing with us over at Star Stampz! We hope to see you again!
Sherry x - DT for Star Stampz
Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

Heather said...

So cute!! I don't think I've ever seen a Christmas giraffe before; this one is so fun! Love that sparkly ribbon. And what a great idea to donate your cards to the Senior Center; I'm sure they appreciate it so much! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Beccy said...

Donating your cards to the Senior Centre is a lovely idea NC, and by the sound of it, one they appreciate very much.
I love your take on the "Z" prompt... there are some years when Christmas morning really does seem like a zoo! I'm sure anyone with a big family can relate. Great take on the sketch and great choice of papers. Well done.
Cheers,
Beccy

Donna said...

I didn't think of zoo, Connie, but that's brilliant! I love the Merle image and that he's all wrapped up in lights! Great job this month. And how nice that you donate so many cards!

Lori Kobular said...

Love that sweet giraffe all tangled up in the Christmas lights, reminds me of when I put lights on our tree! What a fun sketch and I love your interpretation of it!

Linda Simpson said...

Love this gorgeous card and that giraffe is wonderful. Just to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed your alphabet Christmas! Very inspirational!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fun card! Love the giraffe : )

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh, what a fun card. That giraffe is just too cool. So glad you could join us for Viva la Verve!

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

OMG! I love your card, that giraffe is adorable!. Thank you for participate with us in Polkadoodles Challenge blog.

Anna-Karin said...

This is so cute. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Helen said...

Love it, NC - those lights round the giraffe look great!

Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
TTCRD DT
Made by Helen{My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Pat K said...

Aww..this is adorable! Great Christmas Card with such a sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland. Pat K xx

Ania said...

Super cute project! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Polkadoodles and best of luck with your entry.
Ania DT for  Polkadoodles - Week 47 Challenge