Friday, April 19, 2024

Fortune Cookie Birthday

      Here we are with the Crafty Catz new challenge which starts today.  As usual, our overall theme is "Anything Goes" but we offer you an OPTIONAL theme and for this challenge the option is "Masculine."  Those themes are always good for me because we have a ratio of about 3 to 1, boys over girls in our family and that's true for the last 3 generations!  So, today I've done another birthday card for a boy.

     We don't have a sponsor this week so I pulled out one of my favorite House Mouse stamps and stamped it in brown ink.  I colored it with ProMarkers and watercolors, then cut it with a small, rectangle die from QuicKutz.  I framed it with brown CS which had been dry embossed using my Linen EF.  The two papers I used to make the background were in the scrap basket and I thought they worked well together for a simple, masculine card.  They're from an old Recollections stack.

     The sentiment was printed and cut with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:
As You Like It (I love clean cards because they are easier to mail and most of my cards go to out-of-state family.)

     Come play in our challenge this week.  Make something masculine if you want, but remember you can always enter under the Anything Goes theme so no excuse for not entering.  :-D  

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

3 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A brilliant card
Have a lovely weekend
Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

ScrappyHorses said...

So adorable and the perfect fortune for a birthday! Happy you shared with us at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday! Katrina

Donna Walls said...

Another wonderfully created card! Thanks for sharing your sweet card with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge