Sunday, April 7, 2024

Pudding Mouse

      It's the 7th of the month and time for a new challenge over at FarmQuest Country Christmas blog.  Our theme is always Anything Country Christmas and we're mostly looking for outdoor Christmas decorations, critters, scenes, etc.  They need to be 'country or farm' rather than city streets or skylines.

     I chose this adorable little field mouse, cooking up a Christmas pudding for her family.  Can't you just see her in her country kitchen, tucked away in the roots of some great oak tree, carefully preparing a feast for her entire brood?  I adore her calico apron and cap.

     This is a pre-colored, clip art image to which I added the sentiment before printing.  (I just didn't have time to print her in grayscale and color her myself this time, but I'll do that in the future.  :-D) I cut it with a die from Spellbinders and layered it onto an icy blue dp from Doodlebug.  I used my bow maker to tie a double-loop bow, using 2 strands of 1/8" red ribbon.  Isn't she adorable?


     Challenges:
Christmas Craft
Crafty Gals Corner
Double D
Paper Funday

     We'd love to see you playing along with us this month.  Anything with a country Christmas feel will qualify.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Melanie Hungerford said...

Such a sweet image! Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge.

Donna Walls said...

She is a sweetie, and I think she best make a couple more Puds..she probably has quite a large family. Thanks for playing along at The Paper Funday Challenge.
Donna xx
Paper Funday Challenge
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Leslie Miller said...

She is so adorable! I love the paper that's peeking from the background, too. Thank you so much for sharing in our challenge at Double D!

Diane said...

Super cute mouse, now id I had that cutely little dressed mouse in my kitchen I wouldn't be so frightened of mice!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Peace On Earth and Double D!
Diane POE, DD Co-Owner
{Nellies Nest}
{Peace On Earth}

Leanne said...

Very cute card, nice paper you used thank you for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations, have a wonderful day.

Leanne DT Member/CCC
Christmas Craft Creations