Tuesday, December 14, 2021

The Snowman's Christmas Tree

      After making nearly 75 Christmas cards to donate to my local Seniors Center, I had scraps of small this and that lying all over my work table so I dug out all of my metal Christmas dies and started cutting up the scraps.  Before I knew it, I had another dozen cards and a plastic baggie full of cut but not yet used pieces.  :-D

     It seems that each card I put together became a favorite but I think this one best shows off what can be made from simple scraps of plain CS.  The snowman dies are from Cheery Lynn and the tree die is made by Dee's Distinctively.  I cut the tree twice from 2 different shades of green and when layered all together, it almost looks like there's snow on the tree.

     The sentiment was cut with Die-Versions dies.


     Challenges:

     That's all for today.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Sarn said...

A very striking card with the dramatic black triangle backdrop for the die cut snowman and tree.

Waving hello from the Snippets Playground Treehouse.
Hugs, Sarn x

Myriam said...

Lol, what a fun card, love how you dressed up your snowman.
Thanks for playing with us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
I hope to see you next time.
Hugs, Myriam
DT Polkadoodles

Di said...

Fabulous Connie! I do think snippets/scraps lend themselves to itty bitty die cut images. I have a fabulous die set coming up around Christmas Day or so - it's fun and will make you smile, and I should have a sample card, even if you don't play along for or it :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from Pixie's to see your card. I love the contrast of the black and white. All those little die cuts are wonderful. Great use of snippets and so many cards made from them. Wonderful work!

Ella's Design said...

Great use of die cuts to create this fun and festive card, Connie!
Thanks for playing along with our Mega Christmas challenge at Passion for Markers! Lisa x

Sheryl said...

Great fun CAS design.
Thank you for entering our Anything Goes Challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx
TTCRD DT

Cards By MI said...

Thanks for joining our Mega Challenge over at Passion for Markers. Happy New Year to you and your family!
Love n hugs
Marie

Dotty Jo said...

I love how that fun snowman 'pops' against the black! Sorry I'm a bit late commenting and thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x