Friday, November 13, 2020

Holiday Joy

     Let me start by apologizing to all of you whose blogs I follow because I haven't been around to visit or comment in a couple of weeks.  Right now, I'm having painful back problems and I can only sit at the computer keyboard for so long and then I have to quit.  The break periods are getting longer and more frequent and the periods of actual productivity are getting shorter and there are fewer of them.  I'm down to about 20 minutes of work, then a break of an hour or so before I can go back to the keyboard.

     By the time I get my DT commenting obligations done, and type up a post for the day, my back is pretty much done so there is little time for visiting and commenting on the blogs of those of you I dearly love.  I'm hoping it will get better with more rest so forgive me if you are visiting me regularly and I'm not returning the huge compliment that is.  My visits will return, I promise!

     Today I want to share a card I did for the Sketch Challenge at The Outlawz, which Jan's Digi Stamps is sponsoring this month.  My card features one of Jan's older sets, called "Holiday Joy," and it's one of my favorites.  It reminds me of those childhood days when we watched the mailbox, hoping for Christmas cards with interesting stamps and post marks, and even the occasional package because everything went through the US mail back in those days before Fed Ex.  Even though I know UPS existed back then, we rarely saw their brown trucks in residential neighborhoods because mostly they delivered big boxes which were beyond the weight limits of the post office and those went primarily to businesses.

     By the way, Jan's has a fantastic sale going on many of her holiday sets and there's even a freebie available over at the store.  Check it out by clicking right there ----->  Jan's Digi Stamps

 

I flipped the sketch top to bottom because the merged sentiment
fit better at the bottom than it did at the top.

Colored w ProMarkers
Highlights added w white gel pens
Image cut w QuicKutz die
Papers from Recollections
Glitter strips made using loose glitter & sticker paper

     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting, my friends.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful image,papers and card.So sorry to read that you are having severe back pain,I know only to well what you are experiencing.I am really lucky and have a Kindle Fire which I can use when I am lying flat.Hope you feel easier soon

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, love the wonderful image. Take care and don't worry about anything.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Connie, I completely understand how a back problem like this feels, unfortunately, and I feel bad for you my dear. Just take care of yourself and don't worry about it! That image is just stunning! I love that along with your beautiful layout with the red sparkle! So beautiful! Sending hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Sorry to hear your back is playing up again Connie, forget about everything just on doing what you have to. I LOVE your card, such a pretty image and your colouring is lovely.
Faith x

valscraftings said...

A beautiful card, love the image! Hope your back is better soon!

Thanks for joining in at IkesWorldchallenges
DT Val x

Darlene said...

First of all, NO apology needed ... take care of you!!
Your card is gorgeous ... what a beautiful overall holiday design! Love it! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pine Trees/Pine Cones’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Connie! Great sketch, my friend.
And:
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Ike’s world. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Ike’s world
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

Judy Woodland said...

Such a pretty card, beautifully colored. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
Judy~ DD DT
{Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!



brenda said...

That's a really beautiful Christmas image, thanks so much for sharing and joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

Hope the back improves, can totally identify as I have MS and had to do just he same for many years.

B x

Kati said...

Fantastic Card. Thanks fo showing it for paperminutes.
hugs
mamapia

ike said...

A lovely card and such beautiful colouring.
Sorry to hear about your bad back :-( xx
Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Tracy said...

Fab creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Saphron said...

Such a stunning card!! Your bow is perfectly coloured!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's and good luck with your entry! :)
~ DT Saphron
Lemon Biscuit

pinky said...

Oh no, I hope you will be back to your normal self again soon. I love your card, such a beautiful image. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us this month at Stamping Sensations.

Catrin Goodwin said...

Gorgeous Image, lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's - Good Luck x