Saturday, November 7, 2020

First Wild Card at Beccy's Place - Birds or Animals

      For those of you who were ready for the Letter "E" as the next prompt in the 30 Days of Christmas, Beccy threw out the first of the 4 'wild card' themes and you need to use a bird or animal on your card.  The funny part is that I used birds for the "C" prompt (Calling Birds), and you'll see birds again tomorrow (letter "E.")  Both of those cards were competed before I chose this image, Baby Robin, printed it twice (one was reversed) and added it to patterned paper I made by reducing and duplicating Beccy's lovely holly garland image.

     I've been playing with the new trend toward tall and skinny cards and I make mine so that they fit into a regular, business-sized, envelope.  However, I think we'll have to call this one a "long" and skinny card, rather than tall.  :-D  It was extremely difficult to photograph because it is so long that at least 1/3 of it was always in shadow and the other end too light no matter how I shifted my daytime lamp around.


Both the images and the dp are pre-colored
Highlights added w gel pens
Image cut with Spellbinders die
Textured ribbon strip - Offray
Satin-bordered, sheer ribbon for bow

     Challenges:

     I hope you're playing along at Beccy's Place.  If not, get on the ball!  Christmas is less than 6 weeks away!  When are you going to start/finish all those cards you intend to mail?  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

14 comments:

meg said...

Love the robins and your slimline card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the landscape card Connie, a wonderful result with the fab papers and robins.
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, loving the robins and beautiful ribbon.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Suzanne H said...

I love that you've created your own background paper and added the robins to it. I'm sure it was hard to photograph but you've done a great job!

Beccy said...

Cards don't get much more festive than this NC, well done! I love the background paper you created, it's a wonderful base for the design. I also like that you've added two little robins to go along with your sentiment. The red ribbon and bow at the top of the card are a beautiful way to finish. Lovely.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jane said...

Gloriously festive and I love your two turtle doves. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Nelly said...

Beautiful creative festive card; Thanks for sharing with gem of a craft challenge this week, hugs Nelly dt x

brenda said...

A pretty Christmas card, many thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations November challenge.

B x

Suze said...

I like your "long" card. I have one that I made yesterday that isn't uploaded as yet. I want to try and catch up on looking at everyone else's cards first. I like that you you mirror imaged the birds so that they look like they are having a bit of a catch up.

*Vicki* said...

The birds are so sweet! Very lovely slimline card Connie!

Marlies said...

A lovely card with all the holly and the cute robins. The bow is a nice add. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations.

Liz said...

Super Christmas card, Connie. I love how you’ve reversed one of the robins so that the two face each other. I wonder what they are chatting about. 😊 Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
Liz - DT xx

Michelle B. said...

Now that's festive and I love the background paper you created. So glad you joined us for our Things with Wings Challenge at Winter Wonderland!

HeartcraftPaper said...

How adorable! I love the holly background. Thanks for joining the Crafter's Castle Challenge. Best of luck!

---Monica M.