Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Hot as a Pepper

     My SIL is crazy about making hot sauce - the hotter the better!  He grows his own peppers and adds secret ingredients to raise the temperature even higher.  Personally, I don't like spicy-hot foods, much preferring to savor the actual taste of the meat or veggies I'm ingesting but I'm the oddball in the family.

     Speaking of Oddballs, this image is from Oddball Art and I used it to make a perfect card for Son-in-Law, probably for his birthday.

     Of course, it's also a great salute to the hot, summer weather we've had the last 10 days; above 100 F 6 days in a row, including one day at 108 F (!), then a cool down to 99 for 2 days and now we're supposed to be back in the 100+ for the next day or two.  Blaaah.  I hate hot weather even more than I dislike hot foods.


Colors selected from the challenge at Color Dare #346;
Candy Apple/ New England Ivy/ Linen


     Items Used:
ProMarkers
Spellbinders border die
Memory Box die for frame
Hand-sewn bow

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafty Catz
Cuttlebug Mania (top row)
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lemon Shortbread
Paper Funday
Scrapy Land
Work It Weds.

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous, love the sentiment and of course one of your cute bows.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Your card it too, too cute - but your weather isn't! Hope it cools down soon - but I do love your hot card. I'm with you on not caring for really hot sauce though.
Lynn

Lori Kobular said...

LOL! I love the look on that peppers face! Your card made me laugh!

Janette said...

Great card, thankyou so much for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

Monica C. said...

Lovely card and the smiling pepper is very cute.
Hugs Monica

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SUPER card, love the expression on the chili pepper and your lovely border.

I'm not too keen on food being too hot either, I like it to have some taste. Although I'm a big fan of Indian food. I think a lot of us in the UK are LOL.

As for the weather we have had a lovely day today, we have sun at last and temperatures 68F but with a very cold wind. With the longest day tomorrow we are wondering if we will ever have a real Summer, so although your temps are VERY high, I wouldn't mind them for a day or two? It's been in the 40'sf most of the time and down to low 40'fs at night, Brr. I can cope with that for Winter but not now LOL
Keep cool and in the shade.
Faith x

Michelle said...

Cute card. The coloring on the pepper is really good. Thanks for sharing at Color My Heart Color Dare.

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant - thanks for playng along at both I love promarkers, and Aud Sentiments,

Hugz Tinz

Jill Lipscomb said...

Feeling hot, hot, hot! Super cute card! Thanks for joining us over at the Aud Sentiments Challenege.

Miss. Carrie's Creations said...

Super cute card! Thank you for sharing your creation at the Color My Heart Dare blog. ☕��MissCarrie

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
DT Maria

Mary M said...

love your chill pepper card. thanks for joining us on the Scrapy Land Challenge.