Saturday, December 8, 2018

Christmas Lady

     This image, from Delicious Doodles, has been one of my favorites for a few Christmases now and I'm using it again this year.  I think I've colored her in greens each year so maybe next year I should think about using reds.  :-D


I was inspired by the sketch this week at Sketch Saturday.


     I colored her with ProMarkers, then cut a green oval with a die from Spellbinders.  I hand cut the image and mounted it onto the oval.  I backed that oval with another die cut shape (also Spellbinders) which had been cut from white CS.  It gave a little pop since the image piece tended to fade into that lovely Christmas dp. 

     The branch and pine cone were cut with a Memory Box die, and I added white Nuvo Crystal Drops to it.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, then grabbed one of my hand-sewn, signature bows and added it below the pine cone.  The pine cone and the bow take the place of the stars in the sketch.

      Challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge
Brown Sugar
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned dp
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM

     It's been a busy morning but I'm finally finished with my chores and can now head to the craft room to play.  I'll see you tomorrow with a GDT project I hope you'll love.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

6 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Very pretty card, the image of the lady is so Victorian!

jimlynn said...

This is so beautiful! Love your card Connie.
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

That is quite a stunning image and it's gorgeous in your green color scheme as well! Love your take on the layout too! HUGS

Alina Florea said...

Lovely card! The green really pops up. Love your coloring
Thank you for entering our challenge at Brown Sugar and good luck! Alina DT

Katrina Bufton said...

Gorgeous card, she looks lovely in the green. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

Betta said...

Fantastic card!!!! I LOVE the little bow!!!
Thanks so much for participating in our Brown Sugar challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!
Kissssssssssssssssssss
Bettascrap DT