Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Angels We have Heard on High

     This is the second of the 'angel' Christmas cards I did for the friend who commissioned me to make an angel card for her to give to a friend.  This time I did just die cuts and a sentiment, no colored image, but I think the card is superbly elegant.  Whichever one she chooses, I'll donate the other two to my local senior center so there was no problem with making a total of three to give her more than one choice.


     I cut the angels from glittered CS by Doodlebug.  The Impression Obsession angel die only faces one direction so I cut one with the die on the glittered side and cut the second with the die on the back side.  Fortunately, there's very little embossing on the angel so it didn't make a lot of difference between front and back.

     I mounted the angels onto deep, blue CS, then printed and hand cut the sentiment.  I found silver satin ribbon and made one of my hand-sewn bows with a pearl as the single embellishment.

     Note to my friend, Lynn:  I know you get starved to see blue around Christmas since all your friends are doing red and green (but for a few cards that might have ice blue shadows on snowmen) so I did this one with you in mind.  Absorb it, my friend!  :-D

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Crafting by Designs
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Catz
Ike's World
Outlawz Greetings
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Paper Girls
Path of Positivity
{Pin}spirational

     Happy Stamping!  NanaConnie

9 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card, love the angels. I know Lynn will be chuffed as you have another blue card :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

I'm absorbing every bit of it!!! LOVE the blue and thank you for thinking of me. It's Christmas so I understand the need for red and green but come on......you just gotta love blue too!
Your card is beautiful! Someone will treasure this forever and ever.
Lynn

Sall said...

Colours are perfect but WOAH those angels are amazing. Thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

*Vicki* said...

The anglels are are stunning here Connie! Love the pattern in them and the blue is the perfect choice for them! HUGS

Aunty Sue said...

such a lovely card thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week dont forget to checkout our winners and top three this friday

Borqna said...

Love it! Bravo NanaConnie!
Thank you for participating at Ike's World Challenges=
Good luck!xx

ike said...

Very elegant :-) Thank you for coming to play at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
Hugz
IKE

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Pat said...

Lovely card! Thank you for sharing with us at the Path of Positivity challenge blog.