Thursday, May 5, 2016

The Perfect Age or Aged to Perfection?

     It's time to begin stocking up on birthday cards again.  My stash seems to get really low about this time every year and, in my family, we have lots of summer birthdays.  Since I bought that set of rubber stamps the other day, I have been inspired to look through my collection of rubber and use a couple of them.  I also wanted to try coloring on kraft again, not something which has been all that successful for me in the past but I'm satisfied with this one.


     This time, I started with kraft card stock for the card base, stamped the flower and the sentiments with Stazon ink, and began my coloring using gel pens.  After I got the basic lines colored with gel; ink, I went over it with ProMarkers.  The tulip stamp is from Rubber Stampede, and the sentiments are from Hero Arts and Stampabilities.

     I knew I wanted something CAS but decided on a couple of  embellishments; paper ribbon and paper embellishments - staying with the kraft theme.  The paper ribbon was the last of something I had in my scrap basket.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
Addicted to Stamps
Amusing Challenges
Artistic Inspirations
Cards in Envy
Come and Get It
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Incy Wincy
Inky Chicks
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Paper Girls
Penny Black and More
Stamping Sensations
Where the HeART Is

     Thanks for stopping by and feel free to browse around while you're here.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love working with Kraft paper for cards. I just love how you did your little butterfly and flower with the print. I m use remember this...yup...I need to do a lot of birthday cards...heck...I need a lot of everything!

brenda said...

A really pretty floral creation Connie and very elegant design.

As always it's lovely to see you at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations, many thanks for joining in.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, a gorgeous card, love the rose and sentiment. It is the same in our family too! Lots of summer birthdays.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

So pretty! Love this on the Kraft and that paper ribbon. Fantastic card Connie. I'm almost(LOL)aged to perfection!
Lynn

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card. Love Alison xx

Sandy Trefger said...

Lovely card! And I love the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Unknown said...

Lovely card Connie, love the rose and design..Thank you for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Good luck in the draw. Jennifer DT member x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

A beautiful card Connie. Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-atsc)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Gorgeous CAS design.
hugs,
Teresa

Suze said...

Nice CAS card. Thank you for joining in the Clean and Simple Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

EdenLand Designs said...

Love how the bright tulip looks on the kraft!!! That paper ribbon is gorgeous.....I bet you're sad to use the rest of it!! I think that's why I hoard my craft supplies...so they don't get "gone"! Thanks for sharing with us at CAGI this week!!
Susan - DT

Pamela said...

Such an elegant card. Thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Pam x

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Connie! A fun way of combining pretty vintage with a humorous sentiment! Very clever and beautiful design! Hugs, de

Dawn said...

Oh My NanaC! I love the CAS understated design of this one! It's perfect in Kraft!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sally H said...

A fabulous card, Connie! Lovely tulip! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good Luck!

Aurelia Aurora said...

Gorgeous.. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous project with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends challenge #33.. Hope to see you again in our next challenge.. And Good Luck at the draw.. <3

hugs,
~RoRa

Whisper said...

Oooo what a stunning CAS card and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, luv Sam x