Sunday, May 1, 2016

May Flowers the 'Quirky' Way

     New month, so new challenge at Quirky Crafts and since it's May, we're doing "May Flowers" for our theme.  How much better can you get than a festive flowery card?  With Mother's Day right around the corner, it's a great way to get those cards done and to have something to enter into our monthly challenge.  We have three sponsors this month:  Bloobel Stamps, Delicious Doodles, and Ike's Art.

     My first card this month uses an image from Bloobel Stamps called "Thanks for the Flowers."  That was such a fun and funny image that I had to add that silly sentiment.  :-D
   

I started with Sketch #249
from Sketch Saturday, turned sideways
and was inspired by the colors

  JAI #309-Inspiration

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it and the offset mat with a die from Spellbinders.  I used ribbon and twine along the side, then added two butterflies.  The bottom one is colored with ProMarker and the top one is glittered.

     Challenges:

     I've also done a second card using an image from another sponsor, Delicious Doodles, called "Daisies + Butterfly."


     On this card, I colored with ProMarkers and Copics, then hand cut the image.  The flowers, the butterfly and the frame all make up the image.  I added it to yellow polka dot paper and made that the card front.  Very CAS design, just the image and the background but I really like showcasing the image instead of a pile of embellies.  :-D  

     Challenges:

     This will be my last month on the DT for Quirky and I want to say a warm goodbye to my Teamies.  Waving to all of you.  :-D  Happy Stamping,  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

These are gorgeous Connie, love the beautiful flowers, the sentiment on the first card made me chuckle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori Kobular said...

Your first card is really funny with the person eating the flowers, but your second one is just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenges!

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Two gorgeous cards Connie love the first one made me smile. Love Alison xx

Darlene said...

The image is beautiful Connie and you've showcased it PERFECTLY!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘APRIL SHOWERS BRING MAY FLOWERS’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Nancy Hill said...

Both cards are beautiful. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapy Land and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Scrapy Land Design Team Member

Teresa Arsenault said...

Haha! That first card is hilarious and your second card is serene and beautiful. hugs, Teresa

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Another beautiful card. Love your hand coloring around the flower and the grey shadowing!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I had a good laugh at the first card, it is GREAT, super embellies too..

The second so different and beautiful, love the papers and images.
Faith
x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

What is going on with this guy. I may not want him to give me any flowers. Very fun and cute. Great design
Hugs
Berni

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Just love how you did your flowers with the shadowing. Great butterfly too. Love all the details on this beauty.
Hugs
Berni

Aileen said...

Great cards, love the sentiment on your first card :). your colouring of those flowers is wonderful on your second card.

Unknown said...

Great card love the design thanks for joining us at Art by Miran
Jane DT xx

Dawn said...

Two brilliant cards NanaC! I love them both!
The daisies are so pretty & feminine!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Glenda Atkins said...

Ok, I laughed when I saw your first card, tickled my funny bone I guess. Then I saw your second card and thought
oh how lovely'. Enjoyed them both. well done!
hugs
Glenda

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card NanaConnie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Digi Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Karen said...

Lovely card, so spring like and sunny. Made me smile. Thanks for sharing with us at Kitty Bee Designs, Aloha Friday Challenge. - Karen, DT

stempelfrida said...

What a friendly look on your Daisie´s card. Thank you so much for playing with us at ATSM. Creative regards from stempelfrida
http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

Deborah said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for joining us over at Di's Digi Stamps. Hope to see you again soon.

Deborah A

Craftdee said...

Great cards! Had to smile at the first one :-)) and I love the image on hte second, very elegant. Thanks for sharing in DigiDesigns Challenge Hope to see you again soon, Donna ☺

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love your flower card and how the flowers were shaded in the background - really made them stand out - thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)