Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Get Well Puppy

     A new challenge starts at Tuesday Throwdown today and, sadly, this is my last week on the DT over there.  I started with Tuesday Throwdown in the late spring of 2011, took a short break in 2014, and have enjoyed every moment there.  The team is such a wonderful group of crafty women; warm, helpful, and so supportive & loving.  I'll miss every one of them.  BTW, they're looking for a couple of new team members so, if you think you might be interested, leave me a comment below and I'll forward your name and blog info to them.

     Our theme this week is "For a Child" and our sponsor is Digital Delights.  I used one of their images which I had in my own collection and I thought it was perfect as a get well card for a child.



     I did a very CAS design, cutting the image and the offset blue mat with my stitched square dies from Cheery Lynn Designs.  The chair is supposed to be red but it came out more sienna in the photograph.  The stitched ribbon was in my stash and the polka dot ribbon for the bow was a left over piece I found in my "ready-to-toss-out" basket.  There was just enough to make that small bow, which is fine because, truth be told, I like small bows best.  Small bows leave more room for the image to be the main focus and the card is flatter for mailing.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
As You Like It
Cards in Envy
Cheery Lynn Designs
Crafting with Friends
Cre8tive Hands Friends
Creative Corner
Di's Digi Designs
Glitter n Sparkle
Hannah and Friends
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Ribbon Girl
Simply Papercraft

     That's it for me, signing off from Tuesday Throwdown.  Goodbye to all the friends I've made at Tuesday Throwdown over the years, those still on the team and those who have come and gone before this.  I'll be around blogland and will come play in the challenges whenever possible.  Love you all !  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Peanut said...

Aaaaaw! I just want to scoop up the puppy dog. Fab card, NC!
x Asha

Linda Simpson said...

Oh Connie, this is just so cute, poor little puppy! Gorgeous card!
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Too cute and fun. Love that little puppy image and your wonderful CAS design. There's another one of those cute, cute Connie bows too.
I know you'll be missed at Tuesday Throwdown
Lynn

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,fabulous image and details.xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful design and colours, love the little dog.
Faith
x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous makes since I last popped over NanaC! Sorry I don't have time to comment on them all indivdally but I'm just back from a wek away & have a lot of catching up to do!
Big Hugs
Dawn xx

Sandy Trefger said...

What a cute little puppy! Love the blue background and that bow! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Teresa Arsenault said...

How sweet! I really like the stitching and darling bow. hugs, Teresa

Kim said...

The puppy is so adorable. One look at his face and anyone would feel better.

Sandy Palmer said...

That puppy is to cute and you couldn't have picked a better saying for it! Thanks for joining in at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends! :)

Bonnie Garby said...

What an adorable card! I love how you colored the image and love the tiny bow. Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

Glenda Atkins said...

Awwwh too cute and love the CAS design. Fab ribbon and bow.
hugs
Glenda

Annie S. said...

Ahhhh, such a cute puppy image and perfect sentiment to go with that face! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cards in Envy's Blue Challenge! ~ Annie

Creations by Shirl said...

Ah that pup makes me smile. TFS it with Creative Corner Challenge!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's a super, dinky little bow, so sweet and perfect for your card. Thanks for sharing this with us at AYLI this week.
Lorraine DT

Deborah said...

Great card. Thank you for joining us for our "For the Boys" challenge at Di's Digi Designs. Hope to see you again.
Deborah A