Sunday, May 8, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

     This is my last Mother's Day card for this year and I made it for my daughter's mother-in-law who loves pink so much she did her entire Christmas decorating one year in pink, including the tree!  The whole family is getting together over lunch to celebrate all the moms in the family so I'll give it to her then.


     When I first decided to make a card for her, I was inspired by the photo in the challenge at Sparkle and Shine and decided that flowers would be a good subject.  


     I have this delightful Rubber Stampede tulip stamp which I used the other day on a very CAS card but this time I wanted something a bit more detailed.  I stamped and heat embossed the tulips in white onto a scrap piece of dp.  There's a story behind that scrap.  It was a pale, pastel pink and I wanted something deep pink, yet bright.  I grabbed some of my pink ProMarkers and colored over the entire piece of dp.   The original pattern in the dp still showed through but it was now the deeper shade of pink that I wanted.  :-D 

     I stamped one more tulip onto white CS and colored it with my ProMarkers.  I fussy cut just the blossom and offset it slightly on top of one of the embossed tulips.  The black lace is from my stash and the little bunting die cuts are from a die set by Spellbinders.  I added three sequins in two corners for a bit of sparkle.

     Challenges:

     Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

Dawn said...

Ooooooh, this is so pretty! A bit sassy too!
Love the pink/white & black combo!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Donna Hanley said...

First off it is so nice that you can all get together to celebrate Mother's Day. This card came out lovely. The pink and black go so nicely together. You fussy cut tulip looks beautiful slight off set like you did. Hope you enjoy your Mother's Day.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love black and pink, this is beautiful, she'll love it.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Very pretty card Connie! Just the right amount of black on here too. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and love the lace. I am sure she will be delighted with this card too. Happy Mother's day to you dear friend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a pretty inspired card! Thanks for joining in at DD's~

Kathi said...

Lovely Mother's Day card. I know your daughter's mother-in-law will love it.

Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

In the future, please be sure to add the challenge number after your name to be considered for the prize.

The Crafty Den said...

Another pretty card Connie. I love the floral image and your colouring is perfect, great job on the background too! Thank you for joining us at PFP this week for Lorraine C.'s 'nature' challenge. Good luck and hugs, Denise x

Lorraine said...

A very pretty card, gorgeous flowers.
Thanks for joining this weeks challenge at Passion for Promarkers
Lorraine x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A striking colour combo, thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
Lorraine DT

TRACEY MO said...

Great card love the pink!


Thanks for joining us at ID this time

Tracey ct

Claudine said...

This is just beautiful, Thanks for joining us this week over at Stampotique.

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful work- I adore the black lace...thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for playing with us in this weeks Stampotique Designers challenge!

Darlene said...

WOW! Absolutely beautiful Connie! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Mother’s Day / Birthday’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful card love the pink. Alison xx

Ruth said...

This is very pretty! I like the way you darkened the pink background - really makes the white tulips pop!

Unknown said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

Leslie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with Barbara and I in the Mod Squad Challenge Blog's "April Showers Bring May Flowers" challenge this week!
Hugs,
Leslie, MSCB Hostess
Love To Scrap!
Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
House of Cards DT
Crafty Friends DT
My Crafting Stories DT
Mod Squad Challenge Blog Hostess

*Arwen* said...

Pretty card!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique this week :)

xx Arwen

Gez Butterworth said...

Beautiful ♥♥

Sam & Poppy said...

Beautiful card :)
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week :)

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card for our challenge, beautiful colours chosen. Thanks for sharing at our current challenge...xx
 Double D Challenges{DT aNNie}

Jackie said...

Pretty card and flowers
Thanks for joining us at the SDC blog
Jackie

Deanne Saunders said...

... and thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!!
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper