Monday, May 23, 2016

Serenity

     The fairy in this image just seems so serene and wise.  Wish I could be dipping my toes in a pond somewhere.  Of course, I also wish I was small enough to sit on a waterlily.  :-D


I based this on the sketch from the Outlawz.

 

     I used ProMarkers on the fairy, chalks on the flower and water, and her wings are done with loose purple glitter.  The frames are cut using a die set from Spellbinders.  I backed the stacked frame layers with navy blue CS and added royal blue, satin ribbon, lacing it through one of the frames.   All those layers went onto the card front.  The sentiment is mine, printed, hand cut and added to the ribbon.  The multi-color ribbon for the bow came from my stash of bits and pieces.

     Challenges:
Scrapy Land

     I wish you well as your new week takes hold.  So glad you stopped by for a visit, however brief.  If you  have a bit of time, feel free to browse around while you're here.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, I love the fairy and beautiful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Love that image and love the sketch (I used it too), your colouring is so vivid>
hugs
Glenda

SP said...

Pretty card. The frames are beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Moments :)

- SP (Design Team)

Amy Cohen said...

Beautiful- love your gorgeous dies. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner.
Amy-DT

Donna said...

So pretty! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at Little Red Wagon. Donna (DT)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Stunning image and beautifully coloured. hugs, Teresa

jimlynn said...

Connie, we'd all have to be pretty small to sit on a lily pad!
SO pretty and love the way you've colored this.
Lynn

Stampsnob. said...

Beautiful dies to surround this lovely image TFS Craft Rocket Dt Lis DT

Jill V said...

Very pretty flower fairy card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill

Patricia Chalas said...

A stunning card Thank you for playing along with us!