Monday, May 2, 2016

Tall and Skinny Bouquet

     Hmmm, tall and skinny -- I think that's what I wish I was!   In any case, this is my first ever Tall and Skinny card.  I've avoided making them because I never can find tall and skinny envelopes for them and don't want to try to make one.  However, I found some suitable envelopes in a box of old greeting cards and they are still good enough to use.


Colors in the image are from Crazy 4 Challenges.



     I dug out a stamp set by Stampendous and used different pieces of it to stamp this Bouquet in a Jar which I thought would be great for celebrating Mother's Day.  This time, I colored it with watercolors and used chalk markers (after it dried well) to give some shading for more depth.

     Since the watercolor paper I used for the image had some texture to it, I embossed the colored CS layers with my Linen folder.  Very hard to see it in the photo but it adds almost the same texture throughout all the layers.

     This is a tri-fold card and I added polka dot dp to the right side fold.  The CS I used for the card base is white which makes it white inside where one can write a message.

     Challenges:
Artistic Inspirations
Cards in Envy
Chalk n Stock
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Dragonfly Journeys
Just Us Girls
Let's Color Saturday
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Little Claire's
MFP Stamps
Outlawz Greetings
Penny Black and More
Stamping Sensations

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie  

26 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is brilliant! I love the bouquet and lovely fresh colours. Looking forward to seeing some more of your tall skinny cards.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful coloring with both techniques. I really struggle with glass and flowers. Obviously you are mastering quite well.

Ellibelle said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the tall shape and you colored the flowers so beautifully!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful colouring and a perfect shape card for this wonderful image.
Faith
x

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow, must learn how to make one of these. Love what you have done. Love the colors and how you did the water. Great texture too.
Hugs
PS did you receive the postcard yet???

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love that image and your coloring with the watercolor and chalk is so pretty Connie. Tall and skinny all you want from now on! Love your card.
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful card, Connie, and such lovely shading and coloring in the pretty image. I enjoy business size cards! XO

Davi said...

Very pretty NC, I really like your image and the coloring :)

Linby said...

I love your composition it makes for a really beautiful and elegant card.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

Wow! This is gorgeous. I love the technique you used to make it really look like a bouquet in a glass jar. So artistic.
hugs,
Teresa

Dawn said...

Such a beautiful bouquet! I love the pretty colours!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Sally H said...

A fabulous card, Connie! lovely stamps! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month and good Luck!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

What a lovely card! Love the colors of your flowers! Thank you for joining us at Cards in Envy! ~ Marilyn

Glenda Atkins said...

Love your tall skinny card, I have never made one, hats off to you. Really looks like water in that glass. Fabulous.
hugs
Glenda

crafty said...

Love how you have done this. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafting from the Heart this week.
Mary

*Vicki* said...

Such a pretty card and a perfect tall and skinny design for this image too!! Brilliant work my friend! ;)

Sandy Trefger said...

Gorgeous! Love that flower in jar image! Beautiful card design! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Such a pretty card! Your coloring is lovely! Thanks for joining us over at MFP Stamps Challenge!
hugs,
Pam
MFPSC DT

Unknown said...

This is lovely. So beautifully colored, and I like the tall and skinny shape. Thank you for joining our challenge at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Connie truly stunning card. Love Alison xx

kReN said...

I love bouquets in jar images. This one is super and love the colors! kReN, MFPSS DT

Leanne said...

Nice colors and that flower is awesome. Thanks for sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.
Leanne DT/LPCF

Ellibelle said...

Me again, just catching up on commenting on the entries from my Let's color Linky party, and noticed you played along there too! Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous creation there too!!

Jeannie said...

Hi Connie! This is such a beautiful card you've created here! I love canning jars and flowers together and they are so popular these days too....hmmmm perhaps I should have an upcoming challenge using them? I'm always looking for ideas! Thanks so much for joining my challenge this week, and please come back again and join me :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Crafting Belle said...

So sweet. Thank you for Joining us at LC Designs Spring Colours Challenge. Hugs Lisa xxx

Rae Ann said...

Love the watercoloring on the flowers! They have such a s soft feel to them.

Thank you for joining us at Li’l Patch of Crafty Friends for our challenge.