Sunday, May 15, 2016

Staring You in the Face

     The image on this card is one of the new ones from Bugaboo Stamps and as soon as I saw it, I went on a shopping spree.  It just made me smile.  :-D


I started with the sketch from The Outlawz
but modified it to suit my die cut/embossing on the corner.


    This is another of those cards where everything I used came from the scrap basket or my stash of things needing to be used.  :-D  I always feel so self satisfied when I do that and then I give myself permission to go on a shopping trip for more supplies.

     I also challenged myself to see if I could use at least 12 shades of pink in the coloring (ProMarkers with watercolor pencils) and papers in the overall design but still wanted the image to look more or less "natural," meaning I didn't want to give her bright pink hair but still wanted it to have a pinkish tinge.  At my count, I used 15 different colors of pink, including a couple that favor the coral side of the hues.  :-D

     The corner die cut was done with a die from Poppy Stamps and the image and mat were cut with a couple of stitched circle dies from Die-Namics.  The papers were open stock scrapbooking papers from my stash of leftovers.  I used two shades of pink CS.  The flower and butterfly embellies are double layered and the top layer is sparkly with glitter.  Each one has a gem stone in the center for a bit of bling.

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Crafting by Designs
Crafting for all Seasons
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Creations
Crafty Friends
Di's Digi Designs
House That Stamps Built
Inspiration Destination
In the Pink
Let's Color Saturday
Outlawz Twisted Thurs
Pencil Case
Scrapy Land
Simon Says Stamp

     We're starting a new week and, hopefully, it's going to cool down a bit.  We all but hit 100 degrees out here where I live (some nearby areas did get to an official 100 -- we got to 99) and it's just too early in May for that to happen.  I'm afraid it's a sign of a long, hot summer coming up this year.  Ugh.  Oh, well, good excuse to stay inside and craft, right?   Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my goodness...super cute....different image for Jodie...love it...you didn't awesome job.

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Gorgeous fun card, love the image. Its warm here today in the UK thank goodness fed up with continual rain. Love Alison xx

Samra said...

Wonderful make!
Thank you for entering this beauty into Scrapy Land challenge.
Samra DT
Paper Talk with Samra

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card! I love the sweet image and beautiful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

jimlynn said...

Precious! I love the sentiment with this too Connie. A very, very pretty card!
Sure did get hot in a hurry there!
Lynn

Dawn said...

Sweet little image & I love the colours you've used for her!!
Hugs
Dawn xx

sarascloset said...

Sweet little card,and I especially love the little butterfly and flowers layered up! Thank you for entering this into our Anything Goes challenge at Scrapy Land. Hugs! Sara Emily Guest DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Saw this on the Outlawz challenge and love it, great image, great colouring, wouldn't have believed you only used pink, fabulous! GREAT sentiment, it has to be your?

100? we had 20C last week, must be out 10C today, quite chilly and cloudy, I HOPE we have a warm Summer maybe not a 100 though LOL.
Faith
x

Eekers said...

Love how you've interpreted the sketch! It's a super card! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

Cheri said...

Totally adorable and I love that butterfly on her nose. Great work on the coloring for this card. Getting to use so many scraps just rocks! Thanks for playing along with our challenge at The House That Stamps Built.

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh, this is so sweet. I love that fancy corner. Great design. hugs, Teresa

Jane Savage said...

Such a lovely image and a great sentiment too!
Thank you for joining us for our current challenge at The Pencil Case! Jane (DT) xxx

Ellibelle said...

Such a cute image and love the sketch!
Thanks so much for sharing!!

Ellie
Let's Color Linky Party
Critters & Creatures Linky Party

Blankina said...

Thanks for joining our in the garden challenge at Crafty Friends with your sweet card, good luck, hugs Blankina

Heather said...

This is beautiful!! That image IS a stunner and I love the sentiment to go along with it. And great job using all those shades of pink; it totally looks natural. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built (sorry I'm so late in commenting).

Jen Leeflang said...

Great monochromatic card and perfect sentiment! Thanks for adding your lovely entry to our "Flowers Galore" challenge at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog this week. Remember to check back on Saturday to see if you're a winner. Good Luck!
Jen Leeflang
Bugaboo DT

Deborah said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Designs for our 'Flowers Everywhere' Challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Deborah A

Min said...

This is just beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Bugaboo Stamps/Catch The Bug Blog! We're so happy you could join the fun! Be sure to play again this week with our BINGO challenge and don't forget there's still time to play along with our May Stella Says Sketch challenge too!
Hope to see you there!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min - Bugaboo Stamps Asst DT Coordinator

Annette said...

Gorgeous girlie and so pretty in pink. Love the sentiment too!
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
My Mum's Craft Shop,
In The Pink Challenge
As You Like It Challenge.

Squirrel x said...

Absolutely adoreable hun, a celebration in a card. Thanks for playing along at ITP. Hugs xx