Sunday, May 29, 2016

Quilled Flowers

     Something different from me today; a quilled design!  I first saw and became fascinated with quilling about 7 years ago.  I bought paper strips and some tools and a book of 'how to' designs and made a few rather pathetic attempts to produce something that looked like a flower.  Being somewhat discouraged, I gave up and put all the papers and tools away.

     When I sold my home and moved 2 1/2 years ago, those quilling things got packed into one of the boxes and have lain dormant (translate to "That box never got unpacked") until a couple of weeks ago.  Out came everything and I'm going to do a lot more practicing.  Quilling is fun!  Time consuming, but fun.  :-D


     I put these flowers on dimensional dots and mounted them onto a die cut (Spellbinders).  The sentiment is rubber stamped, cut with an oval die (QuicKuts) and that's layered onto a stitched scalloped circle (Memory Box.)  All the die cuts were made from scrap pieces waiting to be used or tossed out.

     The ribbon is purple grosgrain and the bow is made from lavender satin ribbon, both from my stash of leftover bits and pieces.  The card base is made from shiny, metallic CS - hard to photograph but gorgeous IRL.

     Challenges:
Crafting for All Seasons
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Sentiments Designs
Create and Inspire
Creative Inspirations
Deep Ocean
Everybody Art
Fairy Tale
Lemon Shortbread
Mod Squad
Penny's Paper Crafty
{PIN}spirational
Pixie's Snippets
Through the Craft Room Door
Word Art Weds.

     I hope you're all enjoying your long weekend.  I'll be back on Tuesday.  Until then - Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

theras kartenblog said...

The flowers look great.
I like your card...
Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Fairytale-Challenge.
Ilse (thera)

Linda Simpson said...

This looks fabulous and loving the quilled flowers and leaves. I love your cute bow too!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Kathy Krug said...

Glad you unpacked the box and started quilling again. Beautiful colors and lovely card. Thank you so much for joining us at Mod Squad Challenge Blog.

Kathy Krug
MSCB Design Team.

It is a real P said...

Dear Connie, thank you for joining us at create and inspire challenge what a lovely card and beautiful flowers. Hug Patricia (DT)

Teresa Arsenault said...

Oh you are clever. Those quilled flowers are perfectly darling. hugs, Teresa

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I think it's lovely. I've also been curious but never tempted. I'm glad you will conquer it for both of us.

Cicci said...

A beutiful make!!! Love This!!!
Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Cicci
TTCRD DT
Cicci Vid Pennan {My Blog}
Through The Craft Room Door
ttcrd.blogspot.com

Di said...

Hi Connie! I love your card, beautiful quilling (something I've never mastered!).

Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground, am sure it's your first visit (?) so remember that if you want to be in the prize draw you need to leave a comment saying as much. This is just because in the past I've only found out after doing the weekly draw that in fact the winner didn't want the prize after all.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Hi Connie, I thought you were new :) How lovely that you came to play, and I added your name to the yes please list for the prize too! And am now following you :)

Di xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card NanaConnie, beautifully shaped flowers, wish I could have patience to do quilling, this has made me think again. Gorgeous card.
Faith
x

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at PINspirational, good luck!!! Amy DT

Judy V said...

Pretty card NC! Love the quilled flowers! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Gals Corner!

Barb said...

A really pretty card Connie. Your quilled flowers look lovely. Barbxx

Bettina L. said...

Love the quilling and colours. Thanks for playing at Lemon Shortbread and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina DT Member Lemon Shortbread xx

Unknown said...

Cute card! Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons Challenge. Good luck :)
Hugs, Valentina DT

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our {PIN}SPIRATIONAL challenge!!! Can’t wait to see you participate again in our next challenge!! Have a great crafty day!!! (So sorry for not commenting sooner but this proving I'm NOT A ROBOT stuff is driving me nuts!!!)
Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper