Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Sweet Dreams Dragon

      I intended to share this card with you back in February but then I got sick and was hospitalized with Covid-19 and the card never made it into a post.  This was my eldest granddaughter's birthday card this year and she's the one who loves dragons as much as I do.  Yes, she loved it!  :-D  She's also a lover of CAS cards so I kept this one pretty simple; just background, image, and a bit of fiber.


     I'm sorry but I don't remember all the supplies I used to make this one but that might be because I was fighting the early days of Covid without realizing just how sick I was.  I know the sentiment bits were cut with Avery Elle dies and the lighter blue background paper was done with water color paints but that's about all I know for sure.  Oh, yeah, I used a white gel pen to add the highlights to the dragon and the fiber came from an old sweater.

     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Suze said...

Although I'm not a fan of dragons I can totally see why she loves this card. I love that you coloured the moon in shades of blue too. Beautiful card NanaConnie.

Linby said...

Perfect for your GD. I'm so sorry to read you've had covid, I hope you are feeling much better now. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

brenda said...

So sorry to read you had COVID but hopefully on the mend now, it's a wicked virus, my youngest had it and despite being a fit and healthy athlete was floored by it.

That image is so sweet and makes for a lovely monochromatic card, many thanks for joining in with our AG/Mono theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Nunzia Carusio said...

Stunning image and design.
I'm sorry for your covid influenza and hope you feel well now.
Many thanks to share this beauty with us at Polkadoodles Challenge.
x
Nunzia

Monica C. said...

Lovely card, Connie. The simplicity of it makes it all the more striking.
Hugs Monica

Jane said...

The most gorgeous image, love how the dragon is curled round the moon. Beautiful atmospheric colouring too. Thanks for playing at Polkadoodles, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! Connie, that is one awesome Dragon, no wonder she loved it.
Faith x

Jane Savage said...

So very beautiful!
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things xxx

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

What a lovely card NannaConnie. That dragon image is gorgeous. I'm so sorry to hear that you succumbed to covid-19 and ended up hospitalized but am pleased that you were able to recover from it.

Thanks so much for entering your project into our latest challenge over at Pattie's Creations. Good luck in the draw.

☺Lisa D.
DT Member for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!

Vicki Dutcher said...

What a stunning image! A very cool card. Thanks for joining in at ATCAS

Lisa Bird said...

Beautiful card and image. I'm so sorry to read that you had covid, I hope your recovering well.
Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments Challenge Blog
Best Wishes Lisa xx
craftycard-designs.co.uk