Wednesday, March 24, 2021

3 Days to Make a Card

      It's been nearly 2 weeks since I posted that I was home from the hospital and I had no idea that my recovery was going to be so slow.  I figured that by now I'd be off the oxygen (NOT!), the daily nurse would have been sent packing (nope, but only coming twice a week now), and I'd be making at least one card every day (HA! Not.)

     I didn't want to miss out on the Outlawz Progressive challenge which features this darling image from Paper Nest Dolls, called "Lulu Bee," so I sat down to color her (ProMarkers and sparkle gel pen) and discovered that I could only work on the image for about 15 to 20 minutes and then I had to lie down and rest.  I spent 2 days getting the coloring done, then started on the card layout.

     I figured if I did a really CAS design, it would go quickly.  I picked two, different size, rectangle dies (QuicKutz) to cut the image and the black frame and, after that simple step, it was back to resting for an hour.  I cut the sentiment with a die from Avery Elle, layered it onto the image, then put the image and black frame together.  Another rest period.  Sheesh, was I ever going to get this card made?

     The yellow CS for the base was on the craft desk and worked well with the image colors so I grabbed it, scored it to make it an A2 card base, then added the image piece.  I dug through the basket of signature bows I keep on hand, found a black one, and added it to the top corner.  By that time, daylight had fled so I waited until this morning to photograph the card, edit it, and have it ready for the post.

     But writing up the post has taken two sessions with rest breaks in between and I still don't have the photo posted.  lol  OK, finally, here's that CAS card.


     Challenges:
Passion for Markers
Simon Says Stamp
Word Art Weds

     Gathering all the links for the challenges took 3 sessions with 2 rest periods!  lol  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Donna Walls said...

So glad to see you are crafting (even though it takes days LOL) Just go at your own pace and before you know it, you'll be back to good as new!

Barbara Bruder said...

Hi Connie, It's really great to hear from you!! I am so glad you are getting better even though its not at the pace you want it to be. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to do so. BTW, your card is adorable even though it took longer than you wanted it to take. Hang in there, time will heal you fully.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. I hope you will get better soon. Sending more prayers and hugs.

meg said...

A beautiful CAS card,give yourself time to recover,look after yourself

Jane Willis said...

It's beautiful - well done for persevering and getting back into crafting again.

Kathyk said...

Cracking make, glad to hear you are at least feeling like you can create. I hope you will continue to recuperate, take it easy and look after yourself

All the best

Kathyk

Bunny said...

I hope you'll be back to your old self sooner rather than later. The good news is that you've been home and you don't have to stay there at the hospital. There's no place like home to recuperate. It's ever so much better than the hospital. [Bunny]

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs DT Maria

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Well after all that hard work, it was worth it, the card and colouring are gorgeous Connie. Good to hear you are able to do a little bit, recovering slowly is OK, just do as you can and get well.
Huge Hugs
Faith x

Karen Page said...

I had a feeling you might have unrealistic expectations of how much can be done! Promise me that you will not overdo it because back sliding is REAL. Your body needs to heal. Rest and sleep are how it happens... not card making or blogging. But so good to see you back in my inbox again, my friend!

Suze said...

Lovely card NC. I agree with Karen's comments. Please look after yourself and get yourself fully recovered. I don't think there is any way you can speed up your recovery so rest and sleep as much as you can.

Sheryl said...

NC so good to see you crafting, albeit sporadically. I love the way you have coloured this little beauty.
Thank you so much for entering our challenge at I Love Promarkers looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Danni said...

What a darling, cute card!! It just makes you happy to look at it!

The Crafty Den said...

I'm glad you persevered and produced this adorable card. The image is so sweet and your colouring is perfect. Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week and good luck in the prize draw. Hugs, Denise x

Jan Mahew said...

NC, We are pleased to see that you are mobile, however, we are concerned you are overdoing. We pray for you to have a full recovery. Please take it easy... days to create is OK! Take it easy, take care and recover fully!
Hugs,
Jan

Monica C. said...

It is so good to see you back on your blog again, Connie. Despite all the rest breaks you needed, I am sure that it was good to have created something again after all this time.
Sending hugs and wishes for an ongoing recovery.
Monica

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations Challenge.
Ileanaxx