Friday, July 10, 2020

Holly Berry Bouquet

     When I first saw this lovely Christmas image from Conie Fong, called "Holly Berry Bouquet," I was reminded of days gone by when ladies made holly corsages to wear on their coats throughout the holiday season.  I remember sitting at the dining table watching my mom and my grammy make theirs over more than one year.

     By the time I was old enough to help with crafting them, you could find factory-made corsages with shiny, plastic, holly leaves and tiny, metallic, tree ornaments for very reasonable prices and after that, the dining table remained craft free.  My mom still made up holly bouquets in fancy vases for the dining table but to my mind, it just wasn't the same.


Colors inspired by Color Dare board.

Colored w/ ProMarkers
Glossy Accents added to leaves for shine
Image & frames cut w/ Sizzix dies
Red satin ribbon
Sentiment (x2) cut w/ Sue Wilson die

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
Crafty Catz
Dare 2B Artzy
Dragonfly Dreams
I {heart} ProMarkers
Lil Patch of ...
Outlawz Festive Fri
Paper Shelter
Time Out

     Remember, Conie Fong's has 2 challenges on their Facebook site each month; one is for coloring only and the other is for completed projects.  You must use Conie Fong images but how could anyone resist them?  You'll fall in love with her delicious artwork the instant you see the first one.  :-D  Come play and Happy Crafting.

18 comments:

meg said...

What lovely memories you have of the festive season and mom and grammy,a beautiful holly bouquet and card

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Beautiful Christmas card, great image and coloring and like the glossy accent on the image. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Joy Wilson said...

Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
Hugs, Joy
Joyfully Stamps
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

Alyson Mayo said...

This is so pretty. I love the wreath image! Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

A.Rose said...

Nice card! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart Color Dare!

Janette said...

This is so pretty and so festive, thankyou for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week.x

sandie said...

What a lovely memory to have! And such a lovely card to represent this. I love the Christmas colours you have used and perfect colouring and we all love a touch of gloss! Thanks for joining Time Out x

*Vicki* said...

That is such a wonderful memory to have indeed Connie! My gma has long passed, but I have some fun memmories of her crafting for sure! Your card is so pretty and your colors are so festive!! Happy weekend!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Connie and I am glad it brought good memories for you.
Take care
Faith x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love this pretty card Connie!

Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends for our Christmas In July challenge!

Good Luck!

Sammy said...

A lovely card, and beautiful layering! Thank you for joining in with us at The Paper Shelter this week. Sammy-x

Monica C. said...

You have done a beautiful job on coloring this image. We have lost so much over the years with some of the traditions that one once had time to do. It is a great pity.
Hugs Monica

Cat Nowak said...

Another great Christmas card! Thank you for joining us
again at Color Dare!

Susan Renshaw said...

That's a lovely image - think I will have to add that to my collection! Isn't it a shame that some 'traditional' customs have now gone by the wayside?
Lovely card...

Thank you for sharing with Color My Heart Color Dare!
Susan
Color My Heart Color Dare
Challenges

Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Ilonka said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a lovely and special memory - things really were so much more special in days gone by, I think. Thanks so much for your wonderful post and entry to our Days Gone By Challenge at Time Out. Stephanie, DTM

NickScrapShack said...

Fantastic card I like both the design and the pretty image. Treasure those memories! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at I LOVE PROMARKERS challenge. Best of luck with your entry. Nick

crafty said...

A lovely card. Thankyou for joining in the 'no patterned paper' challenge at Dragonfly Dreams.
Mary