Saturday, September 15, 2018

Walking the Cat

     This card, which I've done as my DT inspiration for the latest Creations in Pink challenge, is going to my #1 granddaughter.  I'm 'babysitting' her two feline fur babies for a few days while she's out of town.  When she brought them over, we had a conversation in which she shared that she takes her 5- month-old babies out for walks on a leash.  They have harness collars which makes it easier but she says her neighbors think she's crazy.  Still, the babies seem to like it.

     Our sponsor is Ppinky Dolls and they have some of the most precious images!   My collection of  Ppinky Dolls is growing.  Every time I visit the shop, one or two of them sneak into my cart and come home with me.  :-D  This one is called "Jerry."

   

     I colored her with my polychromos pencils and ProMarkers, then cut the image by hand.  I mounted her, popped up with foam tape, onto an embossed die cut (Spellbinders) which had been left over from another project.  I had some glittery, embossed paper on the craft desk and I cut it into flag shapes and also die cut one tiny circle (Sizzix.)  I added those to the right hand side of the image, then tied a tiny, pink bow which I put in the middle of the circle piece.  I added one tiny gem to the bow.  Finally, I printed and hand cut the sentiment, matting it with a scrap of deep pink CS before adding it below the image.

     Challenges:

     I hope you'll came and play in our second challenge at Creations in Pink.  It's an "Anything Goes" theme but you do have to use lots of pink on your project.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

Such an adorable image! Love all the pink. I don't think I have ever seen anyone walk a cat before, but if they like that is great!!

*Vicki* said...

Really sweet card Connie! Love all of the pink colors and it seems perfect for a #1 granddaughter! :) HUGS

jimlynn said...

Connie this card is going to be perfect for your granddaughter!!! It's also so very pretty with all that pink and frilly frame. Beautiful!!!
I've never heard of walking a cat - but I say, why not! Have fun cat-sitting
Lynn

Donna Ellis said...

Cute little pink creation with darling pink accessories, Connie! Your feline-loving granddaughter will love it! How smart she is to train her kitties now! My rescue kitty is extremely skittish when it comes to visitors, but she loves the outdoors. Thanks for sharing! Hugs, de

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love Ppinky and your card is adorable! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenge!
Hugs

Gerda said...

What a adorable card!! Love the sweet image!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Karin Åkesdotter said...

This is such a super adorable card - LOVE that girl!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Beatriz said...

Beautiful card with a gorgeus image! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Crafty Sentiments designs and best of luck with your entry. Beatriz DT

Maria Nicotra Tinyworks said...

Thank you for joining us at challenge Lemon Shortbread
DT Maria

cass said...

Thanks for joining us this month for our "All Creatures Great and Small" Challenge at The Brown Sugar Challenge.

Diane Louise J said...

Hello…. You have made a beautiful card…. Thanks for entering it into the ‘Embossing’ challenge at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw and hope you can join us again for our next challenge.
Diane Louise
[Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

ike said...

An adorable card. I hope you are having fun with the furbabies. Have to taken them out for a stroll ?? :-D
Thank you very much for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog