Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Lead the Way, Rudolph

     Well, for the last couple of weeks, I've been doing Halloween cards with an occasional Christmas card thrown in and today I have one more Christmas card to share.  This one is definitely made for a child and it features an image from Bugaboo Stamps, a fun little reindeer which I turned into Rudolph (from the Christmas song fame) with his bright, red nose.


I started with the sketch at Stella Says Sketch,
although I let the bobble head be the circle shape.  :-D


     I colored with ProMarkers, pencils, and gel ink.  I used red glitter to his nose and colored the shine of its light onto his face.  The image is cut with a stitched die from Die-namics.  The dark blue dp is from DCWV - "Winter Magic" stack.  I used embossed dp for the white strip at the bottom (and filled in the top corner, also), then added the three snowflakes with sparkly, gem centers for embellishment.

     Challenges:
Cardz TV
Catch the Bug (bottom row)
Color My Heart
 
(Poppy, Pacifica, Nutmeg, Bashful, Crystal Blue, Flaxen, Tangerine)
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Outlawz Festive Friday
Polkadoodles
Take It, Make It

     That's all I have for today but enjoy your week and Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

jimlynn said...

I may have to do one more for Halloween and then it's going to be strictly Christmas - and birthdays.
Love this cute one for the holidays. Rudolph never looked so good. Cute design for him too!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Rudolph is such a cutie here Connie! :) Love the addition of the snowflakes and that background paper is stunning! HUGS

Suzanne Reynolds said...

NanaConnie your card is adorable...who doesn't like Rudolph and he really pops out of the card with the design paper you chose for your background...fun card. I see the many projects you create in The Outlawz and feel pretty special to see you at Color Dare and hope that you will come back to future Color Dare Challenges. You may want to check into Double Trouble fun challenge the next two weeks.

Lori Kobular said...

Oh I love that sweet Rudolph with that big red nose! Absolutely adorable!!

Donna Ellis said...

Rudolph’s nose is amazing and will be a child’s delight! Darling creation, Connie! XXOO

Janette said...

Sweet card, so cute, thanks for sharing with us at craftyCatz this week.xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun and sweet card! How fun- love the image! Your cards are always lovely NC!!!

papercraftingprincess said...

I love that you used the big Rudolph head as your circle. Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare.

Ann-Marie said...

I love your fun Christmas card and such a cute little Rudolph! Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge and hope you will join us again.

Take care,
Ann-Marie (DT)

Melanie R said...

Rudolph is so cute! Love that background paper. Thank you for joining us Color Dare.

Cat Nowak said...

Love your Rudolph!! Great Card, thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

Stephanie said...

Adorable, thanks for playing along in our Stella Says Sketch Challenge at Catch The Bug.

Dawn Frost said...

So Cute! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's Stella Says Sketch challenge! Good luck Dawn Bugaboo DT

Joanna M. said...

I love this ... I SHOULD be doing Christmas but I can't seem to tear myself away from other card types. I am super distractible! Thanks for joining in the fun over on the Stella Says Sketch challenge this week!
~Jo, Bugaboo DT

Elizabeth Hart said...

What a fun rendition of Rudolph! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)