Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Sympathy Card

     I don't make sympathy cards ahead of time - they just aren't the cards I want to do.  So I leave them until I need one and then make it in the midst of emotion.

     Unfortunately, I lost a sweet friend in my neighborhood on Friday and I've made this card for her two grown grandsons, the closest relatives she had.  Her own daughter passed on several years ago and the grandsons and 3 great-grands are all the family she had left.  They lived back east and she was in California so none of the family had seen her since her daughter passed on.


I used the sketch from Viva la Verve
to get some inspiration and a starting point.


     The image is from Digistamps4Joy and I kept in mind her favorite colors, pink and green.  I used my polychromos pencils and ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a Die-Versions double-stitched die.

     Other than the image, everything on the card is done from scraps.  The card front was embossed with my "Linen" folder, then I layered together the pink and green scraps and cut them with that same die, which gave me the second, outer row of stitching.  I printed and hand cut the sentiment, adding it to one side.  I tied one of my bow tie bows using my bow maker.

     Challenges:
Aloha Friday
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Creations
Digistamps4Joy
Fussy and Fancy
Joy Clair
Sugar Pea Designs
That's Crafty!
Word Art Weds.

     That's all I have for today but I hope to have another post tomorrow.  If not, I'll see you on Friday with a double post.  :-D  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori Kobular said...

So sorry for the loss of your friend! Your card is gorgeous!

Linda Simpson said...

So very sorry for your loss. A beautiful sympathy card which I know will be gratefully appreciated.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Gina's Cards said...

Such a beautiful sympathy card. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
Hugs
Gina xx

Olga Fink said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a gorgeous sympathy card! and the image is colored so beautifully!
Thank you for sharing it with us over at DigiStamps4Joy,
Olga DT member

Jennifer Scull said...

This is such a beautiful card to honor your dear friend. I am sorry for your loss. she was blessed to have someone like you in her life.

Kerin said...

This is very pretty, I love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How very sad and very thoughtful of you. A Beautiful card Connie.
Faith
x

Shirley Gentry said...

Beautiful card, so thoughtful of you to think of her grandsons. She must have been a great friend though far away.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining us for Viva la Verve!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wonderful card. Thank you so much for joining us at the That’s Crafty challenge blog
Hugs
Donna xx

Anna-Karin said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT