Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Be Awesome!

     It's time for the latest Progressive challenge at Dragon's Lair and I think this image of a 1920s Flapper is marvelous!


     I had things spread all over my craft desk when I printed this image and I knew I would have to spend half an hour clearing and organizing things before I could make a real start on the image and the card.  So I set myself the task of using only what was on the desk to make this card.  When I picked up whatever the thing was, I had to use it for this project before I put it away.  Tough challenge!  Don't believe me?  Try it next time you are cleaning up your craft area.  lol

     I had three ProMarkers, one blue, another very dark green, and the third was "Almond" which I used for her skin.  All shading was done by adding more layers of the same color.  I had a rubber background stamp and a green ink pad so I inked up the stamp, stamped it a couple of times on a scrap of paper, then stamped it directly over the colored image for some visual texture.  I love that so much, I'm going to try that again on other projects.

     The two shades of CS came from scraps which were on my desk and I cut them with a die from Spellbinders which hadn't been put away from using it for another card I made over the weekend.  Since I only had that one die, both of my die cuts are the same size and I layered them together by offsetting them.

     The green strip which looks a bit like ribbon is actually another scrap of CS but I used it as ribbon, adding a small bow which had been white but I "dyed" it with the blue ProMarker.  Finally, I had a few white daisies which needed to go back into the flower embellies jar so I put one of them onto the corner.

     Finally, I had a rubber sentiment stamp so I used it for the sentiment, even though I had originally printed a sentiment when I printed the image.  What do you think?  Did my personal challenge result in something credible?  I think so.  :-D

     Challenges:
Cards in Envy
Crafting from the Heart
Glitter n Sparkle
Outlawz Colors
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Pixie's Snippits
Through the Craft Room Door
Tuesday Throwdown

     OK, that was a long read but I had such fun after challenging myself for this creation that I wanted to share it all with you.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Di said...

Great card Connie - what a super image to start off with. And I love the idea of sticking with what's out on your desk already - makes it more of a challenge. Besides which, I seem to spent waaaay too long pondering over what to use from my stocks!

Hugs

Di xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the image and wonderful dies you have used to enhance the image. Cute bow too.
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How strange you chose to post this card today, as only last night I remembered about the challenge. I LOVE the greens you have used, such a pretty card Connie, love the "be awesome" too.
Faith
x

Sandy Trefger said...

Lovely card and I especially love your color combo. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy.

Donna Ellis said...

That's the story of my crafting life, Connie! But I do prefer a clean surface, but just can't mange to keep it that way 100% of the time! Your wonderful flapper card is fantastic! Wonderful layers, too! hugs, de

crafty said...

Love the colours. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting From the Heart this week.
Mary

Claire said...

Great card and zig zags fit the theme perfectly, she really does look awesome and the 1920s always seems a very elegant and glamous era *sigh lost times x

Birdie said...

Oh, I love knowing there is someone else in this world that does that! It is so much fun (and also a sign I don't clean my area very well.) As to how your turned out, I think it's lovely. Lucky how the color tones all work so well together. Can't wait to see your next "what if" challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Throwdown this week.