Thursday, September 15, 2016

Another Cameo

     New challenge today over at Morgan's Artworld and our theme is "More Than One Fold."  I've done an overlapping, gatefold card using one of Morgan's gorgeous Cameo images.  This one is "Cameo 17" which just happens to be our Monthly Stamp so it's at half price.  Of all the Cameo images at Morgan's, this one is my absolute favorite!


Here's another snap with a better view of the gatefold.


     I colored her with my ProMarkers, then fussy cut and layered that onto a die cut, vintage frame (Spellbinders.)  I used a snippet of plaid dp for the background on the left side of the card front.  I also found a scrap piece of pink CS on my desk and cut another frame piece from it which I adhered to the back of the left flap.

     The ribbon I chose came from Really Reasonable Ribbon and the bow is one of those I make by the dozens and toss in my stash for later use.  This one was originally white but I 'dyed' it with one of my ProMarkers.  The pearl was also white but I colored it with the same ProMarker.

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Vintage Journey
Colour Your World
Corrosive Challenge
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Sentiments
Hiding in My Craft Room
Lemon Shortbread
Pixie's Snippets

     Come play along with us this fortnight, won't you?  Just make something that has more than one fold.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

10 comments:

Di said...

What a cleverly shaped a card Connie, perfect colouring of that lovely image too!

Great to see you in the Playground :)

Hugs

Di xx

Chana Malkah said...

Another clever and well-crafted project! Nice work

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So very pretty, love her colouring, the dies, the paper and the shape of the card.
Faith
x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Gorgeous and beautiful card Connie
Dianne xx :)

Astrid Maclean said...

Gorgeous cameo and a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us over at A Vintage Journey!

~ginny said...

Your blending on her skin is first rate and I love the shading of her hair! The plaid DP is a great choice for the image and her dress picks up that pink beautifully. Well done Connie, and thank you so much for sharing your project and creativity at 613 Ave C!
~ginny, DT for 613 Ave C: [ATG/ Colors of Fall]
Owner: RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

Dewi Lestari said...

So beautiful! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Jenscrapstoo said...

Love this Card!! Love the image!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card fold design on this pretty framed image! thanks again for joining us in the AVJ challenge! Julia xx

Julia S-W said...

A really pretty gatefold card. I love the how the colours work so beautifully together. Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey for the September Challenge. Julia x