Friday, September 23, 2016

Embossing at QKR Stampede

     Our newest challenge has started at QKR Stampede and our theme is "Embossing - Wet or Dry."  I got a little carried away when I saw this darling Donkey (Digi 1005 - "Donkey") but my card needed to be a celebration of the American Southwest.  Of course, the cactus in the image helped with that look but I've made a whole set of these to use as invitations to a surprise birthday party where the theme is the Southwest, including all the decorations and even the menu.


        I colored the donkey, bird, and plants with my Lyra pencils and used my ProMarkers to color the sky and ground.  Instead of die cutting the image itself, I die cut a window in the blue CS, embossing the very edges of it (Sue Wilson die), then added the image behind the window.  I also die cut the sentiment and embossed the edges of it (Spellbinders.)

     In order to accentuate the Southwest mood, I dug out one of my Cheery Lynn dies, cutting and embossing the ceramic pot three times, then layered them together and embossed the layered stack once more so that theembossing would really show up.  Finally, I added a bit of sparkle to the flowery cutout on the pot.

     Challenges:
Angie's Digital Stamps
Colour Your World
Crafting from the Heart
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Gals Corner
Creative Fingers
Cutie Pie Challenge
Glitter n Sparkle
Kraftin' Kimmie
One Stitch at a Time
Penny's Paper-Crafty

     We loved seeing all your entries last week and I hope you're all going to play along again this week.  We love being inspired by you.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" BOX BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX. SORRY.

15 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, this is fabulous! I love the image and beautiful pot. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Love your chubby, content, well-fed donkey, earnestly listening to her little friend! Fantastic sentiment for the darling image, and a wonderful southwestern theme and design! Love your card! xo

Glenda Atkins said...

Too darn cute, your donkey is hilarious. I just love your OKR cards, you do them so well!. Your colouring is fabulous, as is your South west design.


hugs
Glenda

*Vicki* said...

Super cute image and fabulous coloring Connie!! Wishing you a happy weekend! HUGS

Anne Temple said...

Too cute! Your donkey is adorable. You've created some very fun invitations.

jimlynn said...

Now this is my kind of horse to ride these days. LOL! Super fun and cute card. Love the addition of that cactus.
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

So cute!

Danielle Vincent said...

I really like this! Thanks for sharing your wonderful card with us at Kraftin' Kimmie Challenges and Wonderful Wednesday!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hummm.....I love a surpirse party. This is a great, fun card to send out!

cazazzled said...

A very funny project thank you for taking part in the challenge, DT
http://thecraftyaddicts.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/challenge-24.html#comment-form

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's.Sue x

TracyM #6773 said...

FUN & FABULOUS card!!!
LOVE your CUTE donkey and design!!!
THANK YOU for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, I love this sweet donkey and you have colored him wonderfully.

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you for so much for sharing your fun card in the OSAAT "Anything Goes with Special Day" Challenge!

Sarah said...

Thank you for joining The Cutie Pies Birthday celebrations with your cute card!! Sarah:0)