Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thanks in Purple and Turquoise

     I've been making lots of Christmas cards this month (having finally gotten a rather late start compared to most years) and that made me think about needing a small stash of Thank You cards as well.  So this morning I've been busy making about a dozen of them because what I don't use myself, I donate to a couple of non-profit organizations who are always in need of Thank You cards to send to their donors and volunteers.

     I chose to share with you the brightest card I made today, since it utilizes a rather neon shade of turquoise for the sentiment and flower.  The card front was made using CS in my favorite color, purple.  I love that purple and turquoise combo; a definite favorite of mine!  :-D


     This is a really wonderfully simple design, showcasing only a die cut sentiment and a hand-colored, flower embellie from my stash.

     Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart
Crafting with Friends
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Creations
Craft Your Passion
Crafty Sentiments
Fab 'n' Funky
Little Claire's
Penny's Paper-Crafty
Pile It On
Through the Craft Room Door

     OK, I'm heading back to the craft room to work on a couple of progressive challenge cards which I want to get done this weekend.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

14 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous! I love the colours!
Hugs
Linda xxxx

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Awe what an adorable CAS. Love the simplicity. Have a fab weekend.
Hugs

Mel Gee said...

Lovely.


Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.

Regards,

TTCRD DT

Mel Gee crafts {My Blog}

Through The Craft Room Door

ttcrd.blogspot.com

Deedee Anderson said...

Beautiful CAS card, NC! Those colors look wonderful together, and are some of my favs for winter schemes. I always scramble to make the thank you cards after Christmas -- good for you for being more organized! It's been a long time since I could visit around in blogland, and I see I've missed a lot, including the passing of your precious Cleo. I am so very sorry, friend! We lost our Luna in January, and it was so very hard. These babies just take up so much space in our hearts, don't they? Sending you big hugs!

Teresa Arsenault said...

Simple, sweet and a bold CAS design, my friend. Hugs, Teresa

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card Nana Connie. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Crafty Sentiments Designs. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Pamela said...

Great card, thank you for joining us at Crafting from the Heart.

Pam x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the colour combination, a beautiful CAS card.
Faith
x

Donna Ellis said...

oooooh! That purple color cardstock is BEAUTIFUL, and it looks even beautifuller with the turquoise die cuts! Wonderful card, Miss Connie! hugs, de

Elizabeth Hart said...

Wow - the blue contrasted against the purple is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craft Your Passion challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

Dawn said...

Such a striking card NanaC! I love that colour combo!
Hugs
Dawn xx

mixamatoasties said...

Super CAS card.

Thanks for joining us at FabNFunky.

Susan

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafting with Friends, Louise DT x

Planetsusie said...

Purple really is my favourite colour and when you add turquoise then it's a WOW! That would certainly stand out in a crowd - love it! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Die cuts and/or punches) Challenge this month. Please remember that in order to be eligible to win a prize you must become a follower of our blog - if you aren't already! Lots of luck to you. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT