Monday, July 11, 2016

Cute Critter

    This has to be one of the most adorable critters I've ever seen.  I did have a long discussion  with my neighbor about whether it was a skunk or a hedgehog but either way, it's pretty exotic and obviously, being a skunk won out.  :-D  The image is from Drawn by Krista.


     I colored with my ProMarkers, then die cut it with one of my Sue Wilson dies.  I made the background by cutting black CS with a die from Memory Box.  It's a stitched die but that's hard to see in the photo.  The delicate circles are a separate die, also by Memory Box, and those were cut from a scrap bit of CS which was on the desk.

     I used a bit of scrap, blue ribbon from my stash and added the burlap butterfly.  The critter himself defined the sentiment which is cut by hand.  Who can resist a cute little guy like that bringing flowers to his lady?

     Challenges:
Art Impressions
Aud Sentiments
Crafting with an Attitude
Crafty Addicts
Crafty Calendar
Crafty Ribbons
Creative Moments
Lemon Shortbread
Tuesday Throwdown
Word Art Wednesday
Work It Wednesday

     Short post this morning but it's very late (or very early depending on how you look at the middle of the night!) and I have appointments in  the morning so I need some sleep.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

Please continue to leave comments.  The "Word Verification" really isn't on.  BLOGGER INSISTS ON SHOWING THE "CAPTCHA" ICON BUT IF YOU IGNORE IT AND JUST PUBLISH YOUR COMMENT, IT WILL POST JUST FINE.  I WISH I COULD GET RID OF IT BUT THERE'S NO OPTION FOR THAT WHEN THE COMMENTS ARE WRITTEN IN A SEPARATE BOX.  SORRY.

17 comments:

Dewi Lestari said...

So cute! Thanks for joining at Lemon Shortbread: Anything Goes
Hugs
Dewi

Linda Simpson said...

Oh my what a real cutie, I love the background die to the stamp and sweet burlap butterfly.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Donna Hanley said...

He is cuter than the skunks that have been spraying behind our house lately. LOL Love those tiny delicate circles and the backdrop die also. One cute card.

Sue said...

This is a really cute card! thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge..Please don't forget you have to Join and Follow our blog to be in with a chance of winning the prizes on offer hugs Sue J xx

Chris said...

Hedgehog or skunk?...whatever you choose he's a real cute little fella! Great design too, thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.
Chris
x

Elaine Stark said...

A cute card. He is just adorable. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful use of color. This is so lovely. Thank you for taking time to share your creation with us in the #238-# 239 Word Art Wednesday Challenge.
Blessings, Carole

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Wow too cute for words. Now I would not mind him being in my yard. Beautifully colored and designed.
Hugs
Berni

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

An adorable image and card Thank you for joining us at Ike's World Challenges good luck Ginny DT for
Ike'sWorld challenge
My Blog As I do Rodos

Carole Pollard said...

So cute what an adorable card thanks for playing Crafty ribbons Challenge love and hugs Carole x Design Team

Dawn said...

I guess he could be either but he is indeed a cutie!
Love what you've done with him too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Very cute thanks for playing at crafty ribbons

Teresa Arsenault said...

What a cute little stinker. :) hugs, Teresa

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! Connie, this is so cute, I love the skunk and all the pretty surrounding it. Fab sentiment.
Faith
x

Glenda Atkins said...

That is one adorable image, he is just the cutest critter! Skunk for sure LOL!
Quite smitten with this card.
hugs
Glenda

Eekers said...

It's clearly a skunkhog! :D Super card! Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Addicts and Good Luck! :)
Annabel - Crafty Addicts DT.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Connie!
This is absolutely adorable, and I want to thank you for sharing your talents with us. I hope you'll stop by again real soon.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday