Thursday, November 10, 2022

30 Days of Holidays - Letter "H"

      I'm doing my best to get back on track and catch up with the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place and I'm getting closer.  Yesterday was the Letter "H" and on my card I used:  Hexagons, Harvested pumpkin, Holiday (Thanksgiving), Harvest gold, Hansa yellow, and Honey orange; these three colors are in the fall leaves still clinging to the tree branch.

     This time I printed the Autumn Window image (from Beccy's Place) in medium gray scale, then colored it with ProMarkers and gel pens.  I cut the image and all the frames/mats with dies from QuicKutz.  I cut the card shape with the largest QuicKutz die in that set.  I printed the sentiment and cut it with an Avery Elle die.  I found one of my hand-sewn, 'signature' style bows in my stash, and 'dyed' it with a ProMarker.  This time, I added an orange sequin.  

     I spend a weekend about once every 3 to 4 months, sewing together those bows by the dozens.  I use nothing but white ribbon to make them and then I can dye them whatever color I need to work best with the colors of the card I'm making.


      Challenges:

     See you tomorrow with another post and another holiday card.  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Beccy said...

What a labour of love those little bows are NanaConnie, and what a fabulous idea to use white ribbon so you can die them to match your project. You've done a great job with today's card, I like the dies you used for the base and the sweet little sentiment tab.
Cheers,
Beccy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge Blog challenge. Good luck Ginny DT for
CRAFT Challenge Blog

Melanie Hungerford said...

What a neat image, love how you colored the bricks, looks great with the orange and yellow. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Funday Challenge!

*Vicki* said...

Really love the hexagon shaped card here and that Autumn window image is so pretty with it! Those bow are so lovely and you do such a wonderful job with them NC!

Elaine Stark said...

A super shape. Thanks for joining CRAFT challenge. Elaine (Guest Designer)

Karen Letchworth said...

I love your design, the colors, image, and that AWESOME shape. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful to have you join us and I hope you'll visit again soon.
Karen

Brenda said...

I love you hexagon shapes and lovely image. Your hand-dyed flower is the perfect embellishment. Thank you so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

valscraftings said...

Fabulous shaped card, love the hanging leaves branch!

Thanks for joining in our challenge!
Val S - LeighSBDesigns DT
https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
www.Etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns

Cathie w said...

very fun card.... i love it....thank you for joining us at crafty gals challenges

Jana Forrest said...

Such a wonderful card Connie!. Love the design. Thanks for linking up with us over at Penny's Challenge. Best of luck, DT~Jana Forrest