Sunday, November 13, 2022

Thanksgiving Owl

      The second non-alphabet theme at Beccy's 30 Days of Holidays is "Humor."  Well, that's right up my alley!  Just in case you're not a regular follower of my blog, perhaps I should warn you that often my humor gets a bit off; not off color, just off the beaten track.  lol  

     I went looking for an image in my collection of Beccy's Place images and found this owl, which I've had for a short while but haven't yet used.  It struck me immediately that I could add a fun Thanksgiving sentiment and have a card in a jiffy and a flash.  I chose the pre-colored image, merged the sentiment before printing, then added all the highlights using ProMarkers and gel pens.  Once finished, I cut it with a die from Tutti Designs.

     I dug through the scrap basket and came up with the dp and brown CS scraps for the background.  I layered on the image piece and found one of my hand-sewn, signature bows which I 'dyed' with a ProMarker.  I added a tiny, flower sequin. 

    

      After I had finished the card completely, it dawned on me that I could have used "Where's the Fried Mice" for a much shorter sentiment.  Oh, well, the one I have on the card works for the same kind of humor.  :-D

     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

8 comments:

Beccy said...

Love it NanaConnie!! And I love your alternate sentiment as well... too funny.
You did a fantastic job adding the extra detail to the image, I love how textured his feathers look. Great choice of papers too, they coordinate nicely for the image and are lovely warm tones for autumn.
Cheers,
Beccy

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

I love owls and even those with humor!!! Super cute!!!--Becca S

Nicolette said...

Very nice.
Thanks for sharing it.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

*Vicki* said...

That owl is super cute with his stretched out neck! Your sentiment is exactly what I would expect if I had an owl over at Thanksgiving! LOL Wonderful card!

Chris said...

A fantastic owl, fabulous design and I love the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Catz this week.
Chris
x

valscraftings said...

Fab card, love the colour combo!

Thanks for joining in at Festive Fridays!
Val - DT Leader

Caroline said...

Another cute card.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh I love your card, the Owl is adorable!! Thank you for joining the Festive Friday challnge at the Outlawz.