Wednesday, November 9, 2022

How to Slice a Turkey?

      My card today is for the first of the non-alphabet themes for the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  Beccy chose a theme of "Complimentary Colors" which are colors that are across the color wheel from each other.  I chose blue and orange for this Thanksgiving card.

     I decided it was time for a gate fold card, and I actually started with a pre-colored image from Beccy's Place.  Because I wanted to emphasize the orange, I grabbed a ProMarker and made the yellow parts of the calico fur orange.  Those patches were also brighter and more defined once I colored them.

     The image was cut with a CUTplorations stitched die and I matted it with a scrap of bright orange CS.  Then I found a scrap of paper which was water colored (the blue) and another scrap from Taylor Made (leaves.)  The sentiment is my own and I cut it with an Avery Elle die.


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

15 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Great card. Love how you adapted Beccy's image. Anesha x

*Vicki* said...

Your calico kitty is so fun! I love how you've added the orange coloring and your sentiment to fit with Thanksgiving! Love the gatefold design!

Donna said...

Darling card Connie, you made me laugh our loud. So glad you shared with us at Jan's Digi stamp challenge. Donna T

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers.
Lorraine

Donna Walls said...

Now that's a cute card! I have a Cat (born in our garage in the Spring) that is the same color. Thanks for linking up at The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
Donna xx

Beccy said...

Heh heh... love the sentiment NanaConnie! The blue and orange are a wonderful combination, and particularly good for autumn. Love your papers!
Cheers,
Beccy

Jan Mahew said...

I have to Laugh, Connie! The cat reminds me of a cat my daughter had. Multi colored and a personality. Thank you for sharing your Purr-fect card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

Mellzcraftz said...

I love your card - The cat is too cute and the way you have coloured him is so creative. I also love the sentiment. Cheeky feline :-) I adore cats so it made me smile to see all your lovely fur babies. Thank you for sharing and for taking part in the polkadoodles digi choosday challenge. Happy Crafting! Mel x

Nicolette said...

Nice card.
Thanks for sharing it.
Nicolette DT 2Sistersontheblog

Rachael said...

Ha ha - love this cat's attitude! Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles, Good luck and hoe we'll see you again soon!

Bonnie Lynn said...

This is priceless NC!!!! I could see my own cats asking the same question. Love how you made the kitty look like your own Queenie. Thanks for joining us again this week at Pammie's Inky Pinkies. Hope to see you again. Bonnie DT

Judy McKay said...

Love your cat with the great attitude. Very cute card, it certainly brought a smile to my face. Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create this month. Hope to see you back here again soon, Judy DT

Cards By MI said...

Fun and very charming card. Thanks for joining us over at PFM this week!
Love n hugs
Marie

The Crafty Den said...

What a fun card Connie. The kitty cat is fantastic and the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

Caroline said...

Cute card.
Thanks for joining our challenge.
Caroline DT 2Sistersontheblog