Saturday, November 12, 2022

K is for Kite Fold

      This is a fold I've never tried before and I found it on the Beccy's Place blog in the list of tutorials she's done.  There are so many fancy fold cards in that list and the one I used for this card is called a Kite Fold.  What better fold to use for the Letter "K"?   I also used Kings and Kraft.

     If you haven't looked at the tutorial, the top fold is angled to make the top of the kite by folding in the corners on each side.  The shape at the bottom of the kite is made by cutting away the corners on a diagonal.  The card opens at the top the same way a tent fold card opens.

     The three kings are from one of Beccy's Christmas sets, but they are from an older set, not her most recent Kings.  They are pre-colored and, when I printed them, I sized them to about 1 1/4 inches tall.  The Nativity figures came from another set completely and are also pre-colored.  I sized them to about 1 1/2 inches, then printed everything.  I fussy cut each image and placed them on the kite shape card front.  The crossed pieces which substitute for the kite frame are thin strips cut from a scrap of dp.


     Challenges:
As You Like It (Blue or Purple + Kraft, and I love them simply because they're non-traditional)

     I'm heading back to the craft room to work on cards from "L" through "P" and I hope to be able to post those on the same day the respective letters come up for the 30 Days of Holidays at Beccy's Place.  I'm sure Beccy will be throwing in another 'Theme' instead of a letter any time now but if I have these other days already complete, I can just take a pause, make one with the next non-alphabet theme, and have the next letter ready and waiting.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

5 comments:

Elaine Stark said...

A very unusual card, great colour combo. Thanks for joining CRAFT challenge. Elaine (Guest Designer)

Cardsbymaaike said...

I've never seen or done a kite fold card, that's very unusual but looks fabulous. Thank you for playing at the AAA Card Challenges, a new starts today so aybe we'll see you again

Beccy said...

This is wonderful NanaConnie, what a great way to decorate the card! I like how the ribbon makes a cross in the background too. Beautiful.
Cheers,
Beccy

Renske Wishes You said...

A very unique shape card. Love it. Thank you for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge blog. Good luck with your entry.

Hugs Renske, CRAFT DT.

Catie Cuddles said...

What a unique card.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Knockouts.
Happy crafting
Catherine x DT