Sunday, November 13, 2022

Pumpkins and Sunflowers

      I'm posting this particular card (for Beccy's 30 Days of Holidays) completely out of the alphabetical order but there's a quick story behind it.  Late last month, I was invited to become part of a DT where I had only begun playing, FarmQuest.  It's a fun challenge with easy themes, all of which are in some way farm/country related.  No limit on what kinds of projects you can submit; cards, journals, scrapbooking, ATCs, tags, bookmarks, whatever you desire as long as it meets the theme.  Challenges start on the 14th and the 28th of each month.

     The theme at FarmQuest this challenge is "Pumpkins or Turkeys or Cranberries."  Because we don't use sponsors, I was free to use whatever image I wanted and I chose this one from Beccy's Place because of the fabulous Pumpkins.  Obviously, that plays right in to the letter "P" so I'm posting this one a few days before the Letter "P" actually comes up.  I also have ProMarkers, Papers, and Printing.  The image was cut with a CUTplorations die, as was the background paper.  The sentiment was hand printed and fussy cut.  I used sheer ribbon and my bow maker to tie the multi-loop bow.  I added a fabric pumpkin to the bow.


I used colors from the challenge at My Favorite Things.

     Challenges:

     If you haven't played in the challenge at FarmQuest before this, I invite you to create something with a Pumpkin or a Turkey or Cranberries (or two or all of them!) and come play in the challenge.  We'd love to see our player-ship grow.  :-D

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

Lori m said...

Such a beautiful and beautifully colored card, hugs, Lori m

Becca Sadler, owner and manager of HQCB and FQCB said...

Thanks so much, NanaConnie, for a beautiful DT card project and your wonderful words about FQCB!! I'm thrilled to have your talents shared with FarmQuest readers! --Becca S/owner FQCB

jimlynn said...

Gorgeous coloring Connie and a simply gorgeous card too! WOW!
Lynn

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful image and I love how you've done the pumpkins with the papers along with your ribbon bow and added pumpkin there! The Fall colors are pretty and congrats on your new DT gig!

Beccy said...

Absolutely beautiful NanaConnie, your colouring is fantastic. The pumpkins looks so good and the sunflowers are bright and happy, just as they should be. I love the double bow with the little pumpkin embellishment too. Congratulations on your DT position!
Cheers,
Beccy

Donna Walls said...

Such a lovely Autumn image and you've colored it beautifully. Thanks for playing at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
Donna xx

Nicole said...

This card is so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Inspiration Station!

Nicole said...

Wow! What a pretty card!

Thanks so much for sharing with the Inspiration Station!

SarahR said...

Hello there, what a wonderful card! I love the Autumnal tones and the embellishments are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining in with us at Colour Crazy Craft Challenge, Sarah - DT

Anonymous said...

Thanks for playing along with Paper Funday Challenges.

Angela B. said...

Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays Anything Goes challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.com

The Outlawz Twisted Thursdays Challenges. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next fun Anything Goes Challenge with optional twist.

Happy crafting,

Angela

https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/