Saturday, November 26, 2022

30 Days of Holidays - Letter R

      Well, after 2 days of not posting (and not doing much creating, either, due to continuing respiratory problems), I finally finished another card for the 30 Days of Holidays challenges at Beccy's Place.  This time, it's for the letter "R" and I have these on my list: Rocker card, Red, Ribbon, Robin, and Ruby.  

     My rocker card isn't typical but I tried something I thought would work the same way but be easier to create.  I folded an A2 tent card (fold at top), then used a scalloped die from Little B Dies to cut the bottom of both the front and back of the card.  The scallops allow the card to 'rock' but not to fall over.  

     The image and the sentiment are from Beccy's and I added highlights with gel pens.  I cut the image using another of the scalloped dies from the Little B set, but I made it slightly oval by cutting the left side, then moving the die and cutting the right side.  I inked the edges using a ProMarker.  The stripes across the top of the card are made using ribbon scraps from my stash.  


     Challenges:

     Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Love your sweet little birdie here NC and what a fun idea to add the rows of ribbons too! I think I could make several backgrounds with all of the ribbons that I hoard! LOL! I must say that once again you're really rockin' the challenges this year!! Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Beccy said...

Excellent idea NanaConnie! The scallops look fantastic and keep the card standing upright... I love it! The ribbon background is another awesome idea. I have so many different ribbons that would be perfect for this. Fabulous!
Cheers,
Beccy

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Liz said...

Beautiful cards, great design and I love the shape. xx

Ilonka said...

I love it, thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Shelter Challenge Blog.
Big hugs Ilonka DT

Gina's Cards said...

Beautiful card! The robin is so sweet and I love the design of your card. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
Hugs
Gina xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love you cut the scallops to make it a rocker, a great design and beautiful colouring, Connie. Hope you are feeling better.
Faith x

Linda Mc Enery said...

This is so sweet, and a wonderful design! I love your ribbon scraps. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
Linda

Karen Letchworth said...

I also shared a "bird card" on my blog and I seem to be really drawn to bird cards. Yours is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful for your art.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Anne Fenton said...

OMGosh your card is adorable, thank you for joining the Festive Friday challenge.

Christine Cyr said...

Beautiful card thank you for joining us at TPS Christine DT

Brenda said...

Iʻm a little late, but none the less appreciative of you sharing your wonderful creation with us over at CRAFT Challenge last week!

Helen said...

Great card shape - love how you used the ribbons.

Thanks for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

Helen x
DT