Monday, February 13, 2017

Trolling for Hearts

     I have yet another Valentine to share and this one was so much fun since I used an image not intended for a Valentine.  Take a look; you'll see what I mean.  :-D   This little troll (or gnome, I suppose, but for the sentiment to work, I need him to be a troll!) is from Beccy's Place.


I used the sketch from the Outlawz.


     I started by coloring the image with my ProMarkers, deciding right away that I wanted to do mostly neutrals in the image itself but planning on lots of red in the card design.  I needed just the red on his huge hat and all the rest of the image could be blacks, grays, and browns.

     I cut the shape of the image using a curved die from Spellbinders.  I thought I had the die which also pierces holes the paper but I didn't so I did my own paper piercing to make the holes along the outer cuts.  The sentiment was printed at the same time as the image so all I had to do was make sure I included it when I did the cutting.

     The red hearts were cut with a die from Lawn Fawn, and the butterfly is a combo of one of those hearts and a cut with a Cheery Lynn die.  All of these pieces were cut from scrap bits on my desk.  I added little gems for the body and head.  The ribbon was in my stash and the bow is made from wrapped burlap.  Finally, I added the tiny rose bud to the bottom.  With all of that, it's still a pretty open and simple design.

     Challenges:
Addicted to Stamps
A Gem of a Challenge
Allsorts
Art Impressions
Aud Sentiments
Aussie Digital Artists Open
Butterfly Challenge
Come and Get It
Crafty Calendar
Glitter N Sparkle
Hiding in My Craft Room
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie
Julia Spiri
Outlawz Festive Friday
Pile It On
Quick Quotes
Sasayaki Glitter
Sweet Stampers

     I think I've pretty much finished posting all my Valentines now.  It was fun making them for others who wanted to share them with grandkids and friends.  We'll see if that trend continues.  Word has gotten out in my neighborhood that I make cards and more and more of my neighbors are asking me to make cards for them for special occasions they want to celebrate.  I don't mind at all.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

25 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous and loving the gnome! Brilliant sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mrs A. said...

I love your Troll to bits. Fabulous colouring and I like your paper piercing down thee wonky sides of the panel. Thankyou for fluttering by my challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

Connie Mercer said...

Super cute. Love the hearts!! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I have already told you I LOVE this WOW card, just delighted to repeat myself.
Faith
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Haha...very cute...love the troll!

Christi Conley said...

Awww - he is adorable! I'm thrilled for you that your able to make cards for other people, your talent will be appreciated my friend! Hugs!! Christi

Katrina Bufton said...

Fabulous card, I love the troll and your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge,
Katrina x

bolletjelucky.blogspot.com said...

How cute is this. Love the combination of the troll with the sentiment and the bold colours you've used. Funny and beautiful (valentine's)card.
Thank you for joining the challenge at Addicted To Stamps Challengeblog.
Greetings Miranda (dt-ATSC)

Glenda Atkins said...

Totally wonderful, loving the gnome and your colouring and it does make for a wonderful unique valentine. Super!
hugs
Glenda

PaperCutsForU said...

The coloring is stunning!!! Love the troll! Thanks for joining us at "Give a Crafter a Cookie"

Kuni said...

Stunning card with a cute image.
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers challenge and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Anet's Crafting said...

Beautiful card. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Julia Spiri. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

Billie A said...

Love your card and look. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.
Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative with Stamps
Catch the bug
Inspiration Destination
Stampavie and More

Beccy said...

I love your card NanaConnie, it gave me quite a chuckle! The image is a very unusual choice for Valentine's Day, but looks so cute all made up with the butterfly and hearts. I love his bright red hat and the funny sentiment you added. Great job!
Cheers,
Beccy

Julie said...

What a wonderfully unique valentine card
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Julie T

Mummylade said...

So sweet! Thank you so much for entering in our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Super Stick Chick said...

Love your adorable troll, and this card is so clever! Great coloring too! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes.

Vic said...

Sweet card! love the cute image - Thanks for sharing your creativity with us this week at Glitter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

Dreja said...

Ganz fabelhaft gemacht. Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Sweet Stampers.
LG Dreja

Keti's Projects said...

Such a cute card and fun sentiment. Love your colouring too. I should really practise some more. Thanks for playing with us at Pile it On. Hope you will join us again for the current "Monster or Fairy" Challenge. Keti (DT)

TRACEY MO said...

His a cool dude , great colouring.

Thanks for joining us at Sasayaki glitter

Tracey dt

Alma said...

What a lovely gome! Sweet. Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to stamps challenge Alma

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing with us over here at “Aussie Digital Artists Challenge” and best of luck with your entry.
Kristyn DT Admin/Owner of https://aussiedigitalartistschallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/…

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Wonderful card! Great work coloring that gnome! Thanks for playing along with us over at Quick Quotes this month!

Ericraft said...

Such a cute little guy. Great card ☺