Wednesday, February 15, 2017

No More Snow!

     I'm in complete sympathy with those of you who have been buried under the latest winter storms and those who are still experiencing snowflakes falling from the sky.  That kind of weather is a big part of the reason I only spent two years in Alaska before heading to California.  But I do want you to know I was thinking about you and this card was made just for you, but most especially my friend, Donna H, buried in the snowdrifts somewhere in the wilds of Northeast USA.  :-D


I used the sketch found at From the Heart  (I{heart}Sketches),
turned 1/4 turn, and the Birdbrain image is also one of theirs.

I followed the colors and "Snow Day" theme, as well.

     Birdbrain is colored with ProMarkers and I used some silver metallic marker on the shovel.  I cut the image with a stitched die from Die-namics.  I'm beginning to think that my die cutting machine (manual) has to be my favorite crafting tool ever.  I hardly make a card or layout without using die cuts and often find ways to incorporate them into other projects.  By now, I must have well over 200 die sets!

     The two ice-gray strips were scraps of white CS to which I applied some micro-glitter for a really sparkly paper.  The sentiment is mine, printed with two different computer fonts.  For embellishment, I dug through my stash of winter goodies, found the snowflakes and added them.  I used two scrap pieces of jute cord to tie the bow.  Both of those things added some great texture to the card without being too heavy or thick to mail.

     Challenges:
A Snowflake's Promise
Crafting from the Heart
Crafty Cardmakers
Creates and Makes
Di's Digi Designs
Hiding in My Craft Room
Jo's Scrap Shack
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Simon Says Stamp

     I'm sending really warm wishes to all of you surrounded by all that white stuff, and no, I'm not talking about being surrounded by white sand on the beaches in Hawaii.  But I'll bet that's where you'd all rather be.  :-D  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Connie

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers with your very cute card

June :)
http://poppyfieldcardcrafts.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Oh Connie, this card so looks like me and many of my neighbors. I adore the sentiment and it is how most people here in Massachusetts feel right about now. Thanks so much for thinking of me while making this cutie. Have yourself a good day. I hope you have a sunny one and not more rain drops.
Hugs,
Donna

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Connie, love the image and sentiment which made me chuckle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Made me smile. lol. Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!! Love your stuff!
Hugs
http://pammiesinkypinkieschallenges.blogspot.com/

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! This Birdbrain really makes me chuckle! :) I love your sparkly strips and you've done a fabulous job with this image Connie!! I think these images are just so cute and fun to use! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Jac’s Playground said...

Ha ha, brilliant card I can so relate to this, I do not like the snow! (only coz it makes getting to work a nightmare! lol) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers, Jac x

Teresa Arsenault said...

Hahaha! That is hilarious. We are snowbound today, but I don't mind as long as we have power & heat and we do. We have had a mild winter for the most part so this is rather welcome. The only trouble is it has not stayed cold for very long. That means more bugs in the summer. Anyway, love your card. It made me laugh because I know there are lots of people who feels exactly that way - especially the hospital and emergency workers who do not get snow days. I spoke with a nursing home chef today and he has been at his workplace since yesterday because if he had left last night he would not have been able to go into work today. So not everyone can celebrate snow days around here.

hugs, Teresa

Glenda Atkins said...

As a Canadian I can totally sympathise with the Birdbrain image. This winter has not been as bad as some, but still too much snow lol! Wonderful card and fab job on the sentiment, love it!
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Fantabulous, love love love it.
Faith
x

ike said...

OMGoodness - that is such a funny card :-D I must admit that I really hate snow. I love seeing pictures of it and these beautiful winter scenes, but I really, REALLY don't DO the cold. :-) xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Margaret Mifsud said...

Love this card! Such a cute image and I love the sentiment .. hilarious!! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. x

Maikreations said...

This is such a thoughtful and fun card - love the story behind it, too and must say I also feel with those who experience that kind of weather. Thank you for joining my "Add some Texture" challenge at the Crafty Cardmakers Blog! Happy crafting,
Maike

Alex said...

Just a cute card... I love this little angry bird... and I understand him 100%.
I like to invite you to our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives.
Hugs
Alex
*DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
Alex' Kreative Seite

Terri Winske said...

Oh my gosh, this is the cutest card ever.....and I couldn't agree more! Ha ha. So happy to see you at PIP Challenges this week. Love to see your work!!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card! Your work made me smile, the image is absolutely fab! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time!

Nathalie said...

A lovely card ! Thanks for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge this week.
Nathalie DT

Michelle said...

Wonderful card! And I agree - but know that the warm weather here in the Midwest will not last long :(

Thanks for joining us @ FTHS for our weekly sketch challenge! Hope to see you back again soon :)

Granmargaret said...

Lovely fun card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Fun day Friday. Hope to see you again next time.

Unknown said...

Haha this is so funny!! What a fab image and sentiment and a perfect design! Funny cards can be hard to design but you've done a fab job! Thanks so much for sharing at Dis Digis!
Lucy x

Pam said...

Wow! That bird means business! Beautiful coloring. Perfect card for this time of year. Thank you for sharing your design in our "Add Some Texture" Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers!
:) Pam