Saturday, February 4, 2017

A Puppy's Heart

     This was a Friday Freebie at Bugaboo Stamps yesterday (still available until next Thursday, I think) and I'm using it as another Thank You card for Sending Paw Prints.  That's the group which collects handmade thank you cards with pet images which they donate to animal shelters and rescue groups so that they can be sent to volunteers, donors, and pet adopters.   I think it's a great cause and I plan to participate a lot.


     I colored the image with my ProMarkers and cut it with a Sue Wilson die.  I added the blue frame which is also cut with a die from that same Sue Wilson set.  Although it's hard to see, both of the blue papers are patterned dp from my scrap pile.  I added the one bow as the only embellishment.  It didn't need much since it's intended to be a masculine card.

     I had to make a second one of these.  I was told this would be a great Valentine card for the nephew of a friend of mine so now I've made another just like it.  I think I photographed the one without a sentiment so you'll have to imagine this one with a small, stamped "Thank You" in the upper, left corner.  :-D

     Challenges:
Catch the Bug
Crafty Cardmakers
Crafty Catz
Creative Fingers
Dragon's Lair Designs
Incy Wincy
Just Us Girls
 
Simon Says Stamp
Take It, Make It

     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

16 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Connie, I do love the die you have used to showcase this gorgeous image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Wonderful colouring and love the frame around the image, a lovely card.
Faith
x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Very sweet! The die cut is awesome...and , of course, loving the violet!

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is amazing! Love the die cut and what a cute puppy. Thank you so much for your support! Hugs, Karen

NickScrapShack said...

So cute, love Bugaboo images and you have coloured this one perfectly.
Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Crafty Catz this week. Good luck! Nick DT

Lisa Kind said...

Love this card and the cute image! Thanks for the link to that website...I hadn't heard of it. I may make and send some cards! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

The Crafty Critter said...

I love the coloring on this card! You really impress me with your skills! And that tiny bow.. simply adorable! I am rather new to coloring in my images. I am trying water colors and markers, but I just haven't gotten the knack of either, yet. I would love any pointers you could give for getting such a great graduation of color for the shading. I'd love to share my works with you, too, if you would care to take a look - thecraftycritter.com. I can always use helpful feedback from a fellow crafter!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

This is such a charming little card! You have amazing coloring skills and have given your dapper dog such a great look! I also really like the way you framed out your central image with such an intricate die. It's a nice mix of sophistication and whimsy and I like the bright colors, too. I agree that this is a wonderful cause and I always applaud crafters who share their talents to brighten up the lives of others, so kudos to you! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Glenda Atkins said...


Aaah so adorable, love what you did with the image, wonderfully coloured. That Sue Wilson die is also quite wonderful!

Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our 'love,love,love' challenge.
hugs
Glenda - DT

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant card thanks for sharing at crafty catz this week. Good luck.

Naomi Johnson said...

Super cute card. Love the image. Thanks for sharing it with us this week at Crafty Catz. Naomi x

crafty said...

A lovely coloured bunny surrounded by a super frame. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.
Mary

Tammy Miller said...

What an adorable card thanks so much for playing along with our challenge at Catch the Bug, please join us again soon!

Stephanie said...

This is just stinking adoraBLE! Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

chanya13 said...

Fabulous card, beautifully coloured and designed. Thanks for playing along with Crafty Cardmakers

Pippa said...

What a cutie! Thank you for sharing with us at Dragons Lair. Pippa DLD DT