Monday, February 27, 2017

Earth, Wind, & Fire

    We have a new challenge at Ike's World starting today.  Our challenge is our usual "Anything Goes" but our optional twist this fortnight is to use a sentiment as a focus point on your card.  I used Ike's delightful "Elements Word Art" to make mine.

    Let me tell you the back story for this card.  I have a friend who is a great fan of "Earth, Wind & Fire."  OK, I know some of you will shake your heads and say "Who???" but some of you will probably admit to remembering the Earth, Wind & Fire band from the 70s and 80s.  This friend is throwing a party next month to celebrate memories of the band and their music, and she wanted something to use for party invitations.  She asked me to make something and this is what I did.  She loves it!  Now we are figuring out how to make 20 of these without having to create each one individually.

     Ever since I started working on this card,  the band and their music have been running through my mind.    


     I did the coloring with my ProMarkers, then cut and matted them with rectangle dies from both QuicKutz and Spellbinders.  I used scraps of CS to cut the mats and a large scrap of dp from my stash for the background.  For embellishment, I added the blue pearls and the little white bow.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Come and Get It
Crafty Catz
Di's Digi Designs
Glitter n Sparkle
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz Twisted Thursday
Pammie's Inky Pinkies
Polkadoodles
Ribbon Girl

     Come play with us this week, won't you?  We'd love to be inspired by you.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

21 comments:

Angie said...

I love your invite - and yes, I remember them!
Thank you for joining us at Jo’s Funday Friday Challenge . Good luck with your entry.
Angie DT for  http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com.au/...

ike said...

Gorgeous creation and super colouring. I remember them well - they were one of my favourites back then. I could never sit down if their music came on :-D

Thanks for the memory and for making this for me at IWC :-D

Hugz
IKE xx

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

cotnob said...

This is fabulous, unfortunately I am old enough to remember Earth, Wind & Fire! I hope you figure out a good way to make 20 of them.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles.
Pauline
x

Donna Ellis said...

what a perfect decor remembrance for her special EWF party, Connie! Wish you could have scanned your colored images before adhering them. Then you could print them out for the 20 cards! EWF - who doesn't remember the happy beat and different instruments used in EWF? I think "September" is one of my all time HAPPY favorites! Thanks for the memories, Connie, and the beautiful creation! hugs, de

jimlynn said...

Cool looking card and these will be great for invites! Love it!
And yes, I loved Earth, Wind, and Fire too!
Lynn

Linda Simpson said...

I loved Earth Wind and Fire too! Your card is gorgeous Connie and would indeed make great invites. I bet this party will be one to be remembered.
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Yes, I'm familiar with EWF! :) Fabulous group! Love your cool invites inspired by this band and I think you've done an awesome job...what a fun event!! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a beautiful invitation, love the idea, so clever of you. Didn't know the group I'm too young!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, I lie, Yep! they were great. Good luck with the 20 you have to do, only suggestion is colour one lot and scan in and print! sorry
Faith
x

Larissa said...

Great invitation. It is really perfect for the party. Thanks for joining us at the Di's digi designs challenge.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

What a fun party that will be and yes I do remember Earth,Wind & Fire. I, too, love what you came up with. Would it be possible to have the just the colored panels color copied and then just mat those copies? Might save a ton of coloring and time. Just a thought. Have a wonderful day.

Wendy said...

Fabulous....Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge :)
Wendy x

Vickie Y said...

Very pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at the PIP Challenges.

Teresa Arsenault said...

You did a marvelous job on those invitations. She must be very pleased.

Terri Winske said...

Of course I remember Earth Wind and Fire....great band and music! Love how your invitation turned out! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenge this week!

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fabulous card Connie thank you for joining us over on
Crafty Catz
Dianne xx
CC DT

pauline said...

Great card, Thanks for joining our glitternsparklechallenge Pauline Dt x

Dana Johnson said...

I love Earth Wind and Fire!! Love your invoice and thanks for joining us at the Come and get it challenge. ~DT Dana

N-Eva said...

Beautiful and pretty card. Love the combination of colours and pretty design! Thank you for sharing your wonderful project with us at Come And Get It challenge.Neva

Scrappin Sue said...

Very cute
Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Birdie said...

I listened to a little Earth, Wind and Fire today! Great invitation and will be curious to hear how you "mass produce" them. Thanks for entering into the PIP challenge this week.

PaperPlotterLottas-CraftChaos said...

Such a pretty card...
Thank you so much for joining us at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge Anything Goes.
Hugs, Tina – DT
Polkadoodles Challenge