Friday, February 3, 2017

A QKR Valentine

     It's Friday again so that means a new challenge starting at QKR Stampede.  Don't forget that we've changed over to "Anything Goes with a Twist" and the twist is always optional.  Our twist this week is "Valentine."   I chose to use Digi 10304 Chocolate Kisses as my image and Digi 10302 Kiss Me Quick as my sentiment.


I used colors from the inspiration photo


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image and then cut it with a die from Spellbinders.  The sentiment is printed, hand cut, inked on the edges and mounted onto the image.  I saved three of the little hearts that fell out of the die cut so that I could use them for corner embellishments.

     I dug out a piece of burlap, trimmed it, and pulled out some of the fibers along the edges.  I mounted that onto a red card base, then applied the image on top.  Finally, I tied the fibers I had pulled out of the burlap swatch into a knot and used them as a 'bow.'  Fast, clean and simple, and perfect for a masculine Valentine.

     Challenges:
Aud Sentiments
CAS on Sunday
Come and Get It
Crafting with an Attitude
Cute Card Thurs.
Di's Digi Designs
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Time Out

     Come play with us this week, won't you?  Although you can do only the "Anything Goes" part of the challenge theme, if you want to get another Valentine finished, (it's only 10 days now until you'll need them!) feel free to use the optional twist, too.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous card . .Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥
Aud Sentiments
My Blog As I do Rodos

ike said...

That is totally delightful :-) xxx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is adorable. I love wonderfully colored image and the burlap looks fabulous with it.

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, such a cute image and wonderful layout. I love the burlap.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

creationsnz said...

Very cute image, love that lipstick kiss. Thanks for sharing at Come And Get It, CarolG

jimlynn said...

I'd kiss that little guy in a heartbeat! So cute and fun. Love the burlap on this!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Such a fabulous card!!! Your die is so pretty and love the burlap accent and bow. Your cute image is adorable!!!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the card, the image, the burlap, the die, the bow, OK I LOVE your card.
Faith
x

Unknown said...

Connie, Hoping you get this comment with all the troubles I've been having I don't know if these are even going through. I do love this darling card. The burlap is a great backdrop for this little cutie. Have a fun weekend.

Glenda Atkins said...

Wonderful fun image from QKR, just love what you created with it, you can never go wrong with burlap with this type of card. Love it! Hope all is well with you Connie! Thanks for visiting my blog!
hugs
Glenda

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Your card is scrumptious! Cannot wait to open those chocolates. So many pretty colors, layers, textures and fun heart embellishments! I especially like your shading and coloring. Have fabulous week.
Hugs
Berni

Donna said...

What an adorable card NanaConnie. Thanks for the inspiration and the encouragement to join in the challenge. I can't believe I won this week. Love your cute little bear! Have a wonderful weekend.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A sweet sweet sweet card...no pun intended...haha. Who can resist a sweet bear. I love the browns with the soft reds and the extra texture of the burlap...goes well with the outdoor bear...perfect!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

very cute card. I love that piece of burlap. It adds wonderful texture. Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges.

Elaine Stark said...

A great card. Thanks for joining Aud Sentiments challenge. Elaine

Jean said...

Oh how sweet, loving the image and great how you have put the fabric behind the image.
Thanks for joining us over at CRAFT.
Jean DT xxx

Christi Conley said...

Amazing!! I only dream of ever being able to color as well as you do. Your work is very inspiring :) xoxoxo

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! What a cutie he is Connie!! I just love that lipstick stain on his cheek! :) The burlap adds a great textural element as well! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member