Wednesday, February 15, 2017

So-oh-oh Old !

     My sweet SIL has a birthday this month and, for some reason, I get so tied up in Valentines and my granddaughter's February birthday that I forget about his.  But this year I figured out how to handle that and the humor should bring a sunny smile to his face.  :-D


     The cute dragon is "Clyde" from Bugaboo stamps and I colored him with my ProMarkers in Mardi Gras colors (gold, green & purple) to celebrate a February birthday.  I used one of my earliest Spellbinders dies to cut the image and both sentiment pieces.

     I used two shades of gold paper to make the background and added one little burlap bow.  Since it's a guy card, I left it without further embellishment.  It has great open space (even though it's not white space) and makes a wonderfully fun, CAS card.  It took less than 30 minutes to make and most of that was spend coloring the image.  :-D

     Challenges:
613 Avenue Create
A Bit More Time to Craft
A Perfect Time to Craft
Animal Friends
Aurora Wings
Bugaboo Crafty
Catch the Bug
Country View Crafts
Crafter's Cafe
Outlawz PAM
Stamping Sensations
Sweet Stampin'

     For those of you still buried under snow from the weekend storms in the middle and eastern US, bundle up and spend time crafting.  For those of you roasting down under, crank up the air conditioning and stay cool in the craft room.  I'm going to sit here and listen to raindrops on the patio cover while I make another card.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

22 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This image is so cute!! I love that funny sentiment to go with your image and such a fun design too!! Enjoy the rain sounds! ;) HUGS

Linda Simpson said...

What a cute little dragon, love the sweet bow and what a wonderful sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Chris said...

I always love a dragon so this is a winner with me! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Stampin '
Chris
x

Unknown said...

I think you missed getting in trouble with SIL with this darling care. No one could be upset if they received this one a bit late. I remember Clyde and you did a fine job with him. Enjoy those rain drops and I'll stay in here out of the cold. No snow today thank goodness.

Donna Ellis said...

LOL! Fantastic birthday card for your SIL. The colors are great, and your sentiment is classic Connie! She will love it, my friend. Wishing you a wonderful week! XOXO

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow gorgeous. Nice work.

Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Kathy said...

Connie, this is too cute. Sentiment is so funny, I'm sure your SIL will love this one! Thanks for joining us at Catch the Bug!

Jean said...

Oh what a cutie, made me smile sure your SIL loved it.
Thanks for joining us at A BIT MORE TIME TO CRAFT.
Jean DT xxx

brenda said...

What a very sweet image and pretty card, my thanks for joining our Animal Magic theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

A favorite image I like. Your SIL will so enjoy it. I do the same thing and then I'm late in sending a special card.

Sammy said...

such a fab card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Jane said...

A great card with a beautifully coloured image. It's perfect for our 30 minutes or under time challenge over at Country View. Thanks for joining in with the fun x Jane DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Such a cutie, NanaConnie! Great design and the sentiment cracked me up (Gotta remember that one. LOL) Thanks so much for joining our Mardi Gras Colors Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

Glenda Atkins said...

Adorable image and fab sentiment, perfect for a belated card, your SIL will love it I am sure.
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! you've done it AGAIN, a just WONDERFULLY happy card.
Faith
x

Annemi said...

Such an adorable card and I love the sentiment and dragon. They make a funny match. Thanks so much for joining our Mardi Gras Colors Challenge at Aurora Wings. xx

Jen Leeflang said...

Thanks for sharing your 'sunshine & smiles' card over at Bugaboo Stamps' Catch the Bug blog this week - good luck! Please join us again soon.
love
Jen L
Bugaboo DT

pinky said...

This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Corrie Herriman said...

Cute ! Thank you for joining us over at Country View Challenges !
Corrie x

Lori Turner said...

Super cute card! Love the colors and design you chose and awesome coloring! Thank you for sharing with us over at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.


Lori DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Sally H said...

A fabulous card for our animal Challenge! what a great image! Thanks for joining us this month and good luck!

cass said...

Haha! Fun card. Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "No Red or Pink" challenge.