Saturday, February 11, 2017

Need a Bigger Cake?

     OK, here's my second post this month for From the Heart Stamps, this time using their sketch and both optional twists: colors and "Birthday," as well as a fun image.  Have you ever seen such a funny, pouty, spoiled cat?

     

Here's what I did with it.


     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut it with a stitched, scalloped die from Memory Box.  The pink, striped dp is cut with a border die from Spellbinders, one side at a time.  

     The sentiment is also by From the Heart.  Since I've reached the age where I have to wish for larger cakes just to hold all the candles (not because I want to eat more of it, you understand!), I love that sentiment.  :-D

     I was thinking as I did the bow (the bow was white and I 'dyed' it charcoal gray to co-ordinate with the color of the cat and the darker gray in the color combo) that much as I love lace, I always reach for ribbon first.  I think it's because I have so much more ribbon in my stash or maybe because ribbon works on both feminine and masculine cards.

     I know you must be thinking that I missed the green in the combo but check out his eyes.  OK, it's not much but it's there!


     Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

17 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the image and fab design.xxx

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Connie, love the look on the Kitties face at the size of the cake. Great sentiment too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

ike said...

Hahaha - how delightful. I just love the look on that kitty's face. Such a fun card :-) xxx

Lynne said...

Such a fun card and I love the cat. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Hope to see you again x

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Hahaha...love your interpretation of the sketch! I have that image and I almost cased you but not good for the same challenge.....haha Love it!

Claire said...

Wow what a fun card, love that image too! Thanks so much for joining our 'Anything Goes' Challenge over at Polkadoodles and good luck
Claire xx

Creations by Shirl said...

What a fun image! TFS it with Brown Sugar challenge!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I needed the outburst of laugh this card gave me, it's wonderful.
Faith
x

Tip Top said...

Wonderful card! Thanks for entering I {heart} card sketches with a double twist - hope to see you again next time!

katieo said...

The sentiment is so funny. Goes purrfect with the pouty cat. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge

Ellenor said...

Haha this card is sooo cute, and I love the sentiment :)

Thank you for playing along with us at ATCAS - DT Ellenor

Carla's Cards said...

Such a fun and cute card, thanks for sharing at Scrapper's Delights!

Michelle said...

Adorable card!! I just love the expression on the cat's face - don't you ?

Thanks for joining in our sketch challenge @ From The Heart Stamps! Hope to see you again soon :)

Unknown said...

Adorable love the sentiment. Thank you for joining us at the Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge. Helen DT xx

Sarah said...

What a great card and I totally agree with you on the use of ribbon, I love to colour it too. Thank you for joining in at AYLI. Sarah DT

ELE said...

Love, love card! Thank you for playing along at Brown Sugar this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Hugs
Brown Sugar DT
creativEle

BożenA said...

This is gorgeous card. I love the image and fabulous design. Thank you for sharing with us Crafting With An Attitude.
BozenA DT CWAA