Sunday, February 26, 2017

Birthdays and New Challenge Blog

     I've gotten very little done in the way of new cards for the last few days so it's a good thing I had worked ahead on my DT commitments for the upcoming week.  :-D  Usually, I post something nearly every day but I missed yesterday and won't have anything else until Tuesday.  I am going to share a couple of quick birthday cards I did for my stash today but that's about all I have.

     Well, I could share with you the reason I haven't gotten many cards done or posted.  I've been involved in starting up a new challenge blog!  It's called 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and our first challenge will be going live on April 1 (no, not an April Fool's joke!)   We're a true "Anything Goes" challenge in that it's not limited to cards or even just paper crafts.  You could enter mixed media, paintings, crochet, quilts or other fabric projects, whatever your heart desires!   The one requirement is that your project MUST have a "Critter" featured on it.  We define "Critters" as any animal with fur, feathers, fins, scales, even insects, as long as they are the featured item on your project.

     The blog looks a bit bare right now but I'm still working on the overall design.  We have one post done, a couple of additional pages for "Winners" and "Rules," but most importantly, we have the "Follow" and "Follow by Email" tools added to the side bar!  If you'd like to visit and become a follower, we'd love to have you.  That way, you'll always know when a new challenge posts and who our fabulous sponsor will be for that challenge.  We'd love to see our Followers list grow rapidly.  :-D

     OK, here are the two cards I managed to get done this morning.


For this one, I based it on the sketch at Sketch Saturday.



     No images and no coloring today.  I was playing with my latest dies.  On the first card, the "Happy Birthday" is from a die by Lawn Fawn which actually says "happy birthday to you" but I cut it down.  The other die cut is from a die by Tutti Designs, my first die from that company.

     On the second card, the "Birthday" is by CUTplorations (STAMPlorations) and the "Cheers" is by Cheery Lynn.  The background cut is from a die by Memory Box.

     Challenges:
Brown Sugar
Cut It Up
Jo's Scrap Shack
Outlawz PAM
Outlawz Twisted Thursday

     I hope you'll come visit us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and play along in our monthly challenges over there.  Not long to wait now.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

12 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How exciting for you, sounds a wonderful concept. Will have to have a looky on April 1st.

GREAT cards today, lovely ideas and colours.
Faith
x

jimlynn said...

Both cards are great! Love the dies you used on these!!!
The new challenge blog is fantastic looking and I can't wait!
Lynn

ScrappyHorses said...

Hey, I get to see two cards from you today! ; ) That Tutti Designs die is really pretty; love how you used it on your card. On the 2nd card, I'm still enamored with the die from Memory Box! So excited for your new Blog...I'm going over to check it out now! But first, let me do official business and thank you for joining us at Cut It Up for our Happy Birthday Challenge!
Katrina
ScrappyHorses.blogspot.com

Teresa Arsenault said...

Great cards and terrific introduction to the new challenge blog. I think it's going to be a blast. Hugs, Teresa

Christi Conley said...

Such lovely cards!! And I am SO SO excited for your new venture! You know I love my critters and I am sure I will be playing along often :) xo Christi

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Good luck with your new challenge blog! Sounds like fun.

What a pretty birthday card to have in your stash. Thanks for sharing it with us at Cut it Up Challenges.

Evelyn
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

Linda Simpson said...

These are wonderful Connie, love the designs. Fabulous news about a new challenge blog too. I have been across and started following :)
Hugs
Linda xxx

*Vicki* said...

Hey there Connie!!! Wow...two cards in one morning! I'm impressed because that's pretty much impossible for me! LOL!! These are both fun and colorful which I love for birthday cards! :) And how exciting this will be to start up a new challenge blog! I will be sure to hop on over and check it out so I can start following along!! HUGS

Donna said...

Great cards!
Congrats on launching your challenge blog, look forward to checking it out in early April!
Thanks for taking the challenge at SKETCH SATURDAY!!

ike said...

Eeeeee !!! How exciting - I shall definitely be there with my Critters :-D Marvelous. :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

Claire Grantham said...

Like me you rotated the sketch, love that die-cut you have used. Congrats on getting a new challenge up and running. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week. Claire DT

Alpna said...

This is very pretty. Love the colors. Thanks for playing with us at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Alpna-DT