Friday, February 17, 2017

Eggs for the Easter Bunny

     Friday again and that means another new challenge theme at QKR Stampede.  Of course, we're always Anything Goes but we also give you an optional twist if you want to use it and this week the theme is "Bling or Sparkle."  I thought it would be a great time to get my first Easter card done for this year.  I used "Gathering Eggs" as my image.   Just an FYI, that link will take you to the new store which now combines all the different brand names (Artful Stamper, Biblical Impressions, Eureka, PK Glitz. and QKR Stampede) owned by this company on one site!


     This QKR Stampede image is colored with my ProMarkers and cut with a die from Spellbinders, one of my earliest die sets.  I used another die from the set to cut the black mat.  I used glittered paper behind the image and then cut three egg shapes from striped paper and added microfine glitter to them.   BTW, that blue glittered paper came from the inside of a candy box lid, duly recycled so that it wouldn't go to waste.  :-D

     I 'dyed' the bow that shade of blue with a ProMarker so that it would match the blue on the rooster.  I wanted a CAS design and I think this one came out nicely.

     Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft
Animal Friends
Classic DT Open
Connie Can Crop
Crafts and Me
Crafty Awesomeness
Dies R Us
Not Just Cards
Petal Lu
Stempelsonnen

     I hope you're going to play along in our challenge this week.  Remember, while you're not required to use a QKR image on your card, if you DO use one (or even a Eureka image), you 'll be entered into a separate draw just for QKR images and that increases your chances of being a winner by a huge amount.  Good luck and come play.  NanaConnie

20 comments:

Darlene said...

So cute Connie! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Think Spring’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Very cute, I love that image!! Thank you for joining us at Connie Can Crop.

Sue - Connie Can Crop DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

*Vicki* said...

LOL! This is just too stinkin' CUTE Connie!! :) I love your sentiment to go with your image and you've done a brilliant job with your design too!! Have a great weekend my friend! HUGS

Katydid Cards said...

Adorable! What a great image and you did a marvelous job showcasing it. Thank you so much for joining us at Connie Can Crop's monthly challenge. Good luck!

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous card and loving the textured eggs. I love spring and Easter.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Glenda Atkins said...

Cute, cute, loving the image and nice job on the recycling. Adore your QKR cards.
hugs
Glenda

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! I did chuckle, but then there are many times I can chuckle at your cards, LOVE the image and how you have made it.
Faith
x

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Oh what a fabulous image and sentiment to match. I love how you have coloured your image. Well done, nice work. Love it.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
[Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]


Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Oh my goodness....I laughed out loud this early morning when I saw you card! Thank you!

jimlynn said...

This looked like me trying to get through the last two weeks around here! LOVE this! Such a cute and fun image and a awesome card!
Been thinking of you and all that bad weather that California is having. Hope you're not in the immediate area that's getting it so bad right now. Stay safe!
Lynn

Teresa Arsenault said...

This is fab and fantastic colouring too. Today I found a tiny finch egg on the floor of my aviary. It was lying right next to my rabbit! Haha! Is Ricky the Easter Bunny?

Christi Conley said...

How cute!! I always wondered how the Easter Bunny got his (or her) eggs! Your coloring is perfect and the sparkle strip of paper adds such a sweet twist ~ Christi xoxo

Dreja said...

Ganz großartig. Toll gemacht. Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne und den Animal Friends.
LG Dreja

StampinJessica said...

What a funny card !
Thank you for joining the Animal Friends.
Hugs Jessica DT

Sherri said...

Oh, what a hoot! Love that image & your coloring is beautiful! Great card! Thanks for joining our "Think Spring" challenge at Dies R Us!

Carla's Cards said...

Such a funny card!
Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

Carla DT   http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

Kuni said...

Such a sweet and fun card.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

smyiow said...

This card is adorable!! I love it!! Thanks for joining us at Connie Can Crop!!

Helen said...

Great card - that digi made me laugh!

Thanks for joining us at the Classic Design Team Open Challenge.

Helen x

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Great upcycling. This image is so funny and the sentiment is great too. TFS and for taking part of the Connie Can Crop challenge: stamp your heart out. Good luck.