Monday, February 20, 2017

Dream Dress

    It's February 20 and time for the start of our most recent challenge at Sheepski Designs Facebook page.  I'm using Andrea's image called "Dream Dress" which you can find here.


     I'm going to use this card for a young lady who is attending her first-ever Winter Formal Dance.  Don't you think that's a perfect image for such an occasion?  Andrea told us when she drew this one, she based it on her own wedding dress and I think it would be fabulous used for an elegant bridal shower or wedding card, also.

     I used my ProMarkers to color the image, then cut and matted it with dies from Cheery Lynn.  The white mat has been run through my 'Linen' embossing folder so it has some wonderful light texture.  I chose two different ribbons in light and navy blue, and added a white bow with a pearl.   I know this would have been a perfect card to use lace but once again, I grabbed the ribbons instead.  I guess I must prefer ribbon or else I simply forget the laces because they are stored further away and I usually have at least scraps of ribbon right on my desk.  I'm sure convenience is often a factor!  :-D

    Both background papers came from my stash of paper scraps and I chose them because they were so well suited to my overall monochromatic, blue, color combo.  I love the texture created by all the layers and the ribbons.

     Challenges:
As You Like It
Colour Crazy Craft
Crafty Ribbons
Creates and Makes
Creative Fingers
Lemon Shortbread
Outlawz Twisted Thurs.
Polkadoodles
Take It, Make It

     Come play along with us this month and then get ready for a monthly challenge starting on the Sheepski Designs Challenges blog site on April 1, 2017 (No, that's not an April Fool joke!)   We'll be having challenges on both the blog and our Facebook page from that point on and I'll be moving over to the blog DT.  Hope to see you both places.  Happy Stamping.  NanaConnie

10 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Connie, a gorgeous card and loving this dress, wish I could fit into such a dress. Enjoy your day.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Connie this is a gorgeous card I love the image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Elaine Stark said...

A very elegant card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

jimlynn said...

The dies you used on this gorgeous card are so pretty! I love that image and it's going to be perfect for that young lady and her formal affair. I know she's going to look as stunning as the image too! Beautiful card!
Lynn

Shelly Schmidt said...

Ohh- this dress is beautiful! Love the flowers that wrap around. I have not seen this die- it is lovely!

Alpna said...

Wow...this is gorgeous!!! Thanks for sharing with Lemon Shortbread
Alpna-DT

Teresa Arsenault said...

That is a perfect image for the occasion and that dress certainly is a dream. Even more of a dream would be to still have a body that could wear that dress. Haha!
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

AndreaNorris said...

Very beautiful card NanaConnie congratulations on being showcased with it
Andrea x

Bev said...

Such an elegant creation. Thank you for taking the time to join in with ' Anything Goes over at Polkadoodles

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful image and the perfect sentiment.
Faith
x