Sunday, January 21, 2024

A Lavender Birthday

      I've finally felt up to getting a card made but it took so much time and energy that it may be the only one I make the rest of this month.  Good thing I had worked many weeks ahead on most of my DT card obligations.  :-D  

     This is a birthday card for a dear friend who loves lavender, especially the flowers themselves, although she's willing to have the scent of lavender in soaps, candles, and air fresheners as often as she can find them.  The image is from Beccy's Place and it works perfectly for their optional challenge theme this month - "Flowers."

     I printed the pre-colored version of the image in gray scale, then used my Sanjoki alcohol markers and white gel pen to color it.  I was inspired by the sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday (see below) and dug through the basket of scrap papers to find the two I used.  I'm pretty sure they are old (very old!) DCWV papers.  

     I matted each of them with a solid purple CS, and used another scrap of it right behind the fussy cut image.  The sentiment is also from Beccy's Place, but don't ask me from which set because I don't remember.


Sweet Sketch Weds. #269 - turned 1/4 turn

     That's it for today and I wish you Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

4 comments:

Furrbster said...

This is such a delightful card!

Thanks for sharing with us at I Love proMarkers,

Hugz Tinz

Beccy said...

Your card is gorgeous NanaConnie, such pretty paper! You did a wonderful job working with the sketch too. I'm sorry you aren't feeling too well, I hope it passes quickly so you can get back to doing all the things you love.
Take care.
Cheers,
Beccy

Kathie said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling the best Connie. Here is to a speedy recovery. Your card is very pretty I love the colours and image used. Your friend will absolutely love her card. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and good luck.
Hugs
Kathie SSW1~DT

Aimeslee Winans said...

So hope you get to feeling better, Connie.
I love this spray of lavender and the bow sets it off perfectly.
Thanks a bunch for celebrating our first birthday with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
xoxo, Aimeslee DT