Friday, May 5, 2023

The Bicycle

      It's another Friday and another challenge starts over at Crafty Catz.  Our sponsor this week is Dr. Digi's and they kindly supplied images for the DT to use.  I chose to use "Brian's Brilliant Bicycle" and it was a delight to color.  They offer a prize to the winner of any 2 digis from their store and they have some of the fun and funniest digis around!  Be sure to check out our challenge to see what the rest of the DT used.

     Our theme this week is Anything Goes with an OPTIONAL twist of "Masculine" so I took the opportunity to make my first Father's Day card for this year.

     I used my new Sanjoki markers to color Brian and his bicycle and then decided to do a fancy fold card based on this one I found over at Beccy's Place.  It's an Overlapping Flap Fold, sometimes called a Double Flap fold.  I used a Spellbinders die to cut the image and then framed it with aqua CS, a scrap from the basket.  I put that onto a navy blue flap which had been dry embossed with my Linen EF (also a scrap.)


     Inside that flap was the second flap made with red CS scraps and also embossed with my Linen EF.  I added the first sentiment to that flap.  That sentiment was cut with a Tonic Studios die.


     Lift that flap and it shows the inside, to which I added the final sentiment, this time cut with a QuicKutz die.  I used a large scrap of red polka dot paper (Stampin' Up) that I found in my scrap basket.


     Challenges:

     I hope we're going to see you playing in our challenge this week.  Even if you dread making masculine cards (which is only an optional theme), just keep in mind that Father's Day is closer than you think!  Happy Crafting.  NanaConnie

11 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

An excellent card great to make a box for it brilliant makes Ginny
My Blog As I do Rodos

Janette said...

Great card, love these images they are such fun.xx

tilly said...

what a lovely folded card for your nice bright image,a nice change, we have Coronation bank holiday here, enjoy the weekend xx

Chris said...

It's a great fold and fun image- beautifully coloured with your new markers.
Have a good weekend
xx

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun image and great coloring on this Connie! Love the double flap fold design in the primary colors! Such a perfect masculine style card! Happy weekend!

Curly said...

This is a great card Connie, I love the colour theme and style of the card.
Have a wonderful weekend
Happy Crafting
Bridget :) x

Debbie Mageed said...

What a great image, Connie and I really love the fun fold. Great coloring!! Thank you for playing with Creative Creases Challenge, and I hope you can join us again soon.
Debbie, DT
Secrets To Stamping

Kampin' Karen said...

Connie, I am always in awe of your coloring on digis. It's a great fun fold with fantastic sentiments. I just came across that paper in my stash yesterday! Thank you for playing at Creative Creases.
Karen, DT

Vickie Y said...

Fun image and card! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

Pattie G said...

What a cute card! It goes perfectly with our theme for this month “Anything Goes”. I love your coloring too. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
Pattie
Artist & Owner

rachel said...

Fabulous card - great fun image! Thanks for joining us at Countryview Challenges and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x